Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Entry Level Traffic/ITS Engineer
Engineering - Civil
AECOM is actively seeking an enthusiastic and outgoing Traffic Engineer in our eastern Pennsylvania offices (Philadelphia or Conshohocken).
AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of a team and also independently in learning, evaluating, and applying Traffic Engineering principles, standards, and criteria.
- Learn and utilize various modeling tools for traffic analysis (Synchro, HCS, VISSIM) for a variety of conditions and needs at specific intersections, along arterial corridors, and for freeway segments.
- Assist in preparing technical reports and papers for clients and/or internal distribution.
- Assist in performing various Traffic Engineering studies and plan development
- Adhere to project schedules and budgets
Entry Level Traffic/ITS Engineer
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- 0-2 years' experience in the areas of developing roadway and traffic plans, ITS plans and performing traffic analyses.
- Applicable course work in Transportation / Traffic Engineering and/or Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Good communication Skills
- Valid driver's license
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred
- Microstation / AutoCAD experience
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
United States of America
USA - Pennsylvania
US - Philadelphia, PA - 1700 Market St