Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Allan Myers
- Job ID
- # of Openings
This position requires heavy physical duties involving a variety of tasks associated with asphalt milling and paving which are generally either semi-skilled or skilled in nature. Duties will vary depending on the type of work assigned to the crew. A laborer can become a specialist within a crew such as Screed Person, Lute person, QC Tech, Side Person (mill), Tack Truck Driver, Water Truck Driver, Utility adjustment person etc.
Overnight stays may be required on occasion. Night and Weekend work shifts are common throughout the normal milling and paving season.
- Performs duties involving shoveling, raking, luting, jack hammering, heavy lifting and the use of multiple small tools involved with asphalt milling and paving.
- Cleans tools, materials and work areas.
- Performs a wide variety of manual tasks involving fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner with complete respect for individual and crew safety.
- Clearly communicates with other crew members to ensure safety, teamwork and completion of daily goals set by the field manager.
- To completely perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Depending on the laborer's crew specialty may require a variety of diverse skills such as use of hand and power tools, performing grade checks, jack hammering, directing equipment operations, cuts and fills, etc.
- Compliance with All Polices including;
- Safety, Safety, Safety!
- “Home Safe Tonight” and related policies
- Requires extensive and heavy physical activity, dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Must be able to carry very heavy loads of materials sometimes up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all weather elements.
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, reach, kneel, climb or balance.
- Requires specific types of vision: close, color, peripheral.
- Responsible for safety of self and fellow workers.
- Work conditions vary from site to site and are affected by the weather.
- Rough graded and undeveloped job sites present a threat to safety where carelessness or poor judgment could result in serious of fatal injury to self or others.
- Occasionally may work in tight confined spaces such as manholes and inlets.
- Works around heavy equipment, loud noises and vibrations of equipment and power tools.
- Works adjacent to live traffic on most days.
- GED / HS Diploma is a plus
- Trade School is a plus
- Penndot Paving QC Technical experience is a plus
- TopCon or similar grade control experience is a plus
- CDL (A, B, Tanker, Hazmat) is a plus
- Tack Truck experience is a plus
- 2 yrs of related work experience is a necessity
- Valid Drivers License required
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction company and materials provider in the Mid-Atlantic with seven regional offices and 15 asphalt and aggregate plants. With a workforce of more than 2,000 hard working men and women, and our own extensive fleet of vehicles and equipment, there is no job that we can not tackle. The markets we serve include: design-build, site development, transportation, water and asphalt and aggregate production. With more than 75 years of history under our belt, we are constantly growing and pushing ourselves to take on new challenges that are bigger and bolder. We are a team of hard-working men and women as strong as the structures we build. With Myers on your helmet, you'll be part of an elite team, bonded by their determination, committed to building the face of tomorrow, today.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce (Minority/Female/ Protected Veterans/Disabled).