Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Relationship Events
at Alzheimer's Association
The Director of Relationship Events will lead strategy, development and implementation of Chapter relationship events including gala, luncheon and breakfast events built to suit the market. This position is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding volunteers, corporations and individual donors to ensure the success of the Association’s fundraising efforts. This full-time position is also responsible for managing and coordinating the volunteers, staff and chapter departments responsible for successfully implementing relationship events.
- Develop and manage the annual budget and strategic plan necessary to successfully implement the chapter’s relationship events including gala/Party in Purple,
- Reason to Hope breakfasts, golf and chapter luncheon event(s).
- Oversee, manage and implement event logistics and daily administration, including but not limited to: facilities, décor, catering, entertainment, supplies, attendee tracking and communications, etc.
- Create effective volunteer committee structure; identify, recruit and cultivate committee members achieve gala attendance and fundraising goals in addition to coordinating event details.
- Lead the relationship event sponsorship effort and fundraising strategies; work in conjunction with staff and volunteers to identify prospects, create proposals, fulfill benefits and steward sponsors year-round.
- Engage and cultivate table hosts and individual donors/supporters to successfully achieve fundraising goals.
- Work with chapter leadership, board members, committee members and other development staff to create long-term, beneficial relationships with those who attend and/or support relationship events.
- Create and manage marketing timeline/materials production in collaboration with the marketing/communication team; ensure all marketing materials and web/social media presence are in keeping with Association brand and messaging.
- Manage staff positions which support relationship events including, but not limited to: a direct report responsible for event production and other support duties in addition to collaborating with other leadership team members for administrative support, as needed.
- Help to initiate and support chapter intermediate donor engagement strategies related to individual giving and Reason to Hope event follow-up.
- Provide assistance and support to other Association special events and donor relations activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of experience in relationship development, fundraising and scalable event planning with demonstrated success in each.
- Able to organize material and information so it is accessible and user-friendly.
- Flexible, creative, resourceful and independent.
- Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Willing to take initiative and work autonomously.
- Must be able to lead, motivate, train and work comfortably with volunteers.
- Team player - ability to partner internally and externally.
- Ability to sell the Chapter’s mission, programs and services to a variety of audiences, including corporate management, individual donors and volunteers.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in Google Suite: Mail, Calendar, Docs and Hangouts.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and/or other databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with attention to detail.
- Ability to memorize, diagnose and solve problems.
- High level of enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with flexibility and good humor.
- Ability to work under stress and successfully handle several projects at once.
- Willingness to work on evenings and weekends if necessary.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle. Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and move about to retrieve files.
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 lbs., bend and stoop.
Status/ Hours: Full-time, exempt position. Primary weekday office hours, with early morning, evening and weekend work required at times.
Primary Work Site: Chapter Office, Philadelphia, PA (preferred, other office locations can be considered in King of Prussia, PA or Marlton, NJ). Position will require some travel via automobile and occasional air travel.