Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Programs
at Alzheimer's Association
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. The Manager, Programs is responsible for building the reach and impact of the Chapter by managing all aspects of the Alzheimer’s Association’s programs and community engagement efforts including community education and partnership development. This position will serve in both strategic and implementation roles with a focus on increasing awareness and utilization of available services through partnership cultivation, health systems engagement, and through implementation of the chapter’s volunteer-powered program delivery strategy in the assigned geographic areas.
Essential Job Functions
- Increase reach of Alzheimer’s Association Common Programs.
- Build and strategically expand the number of Alzheimer’s Association community volunteers.
- Engage, train and manage relationships with community volunteers to expand the Alzheimer’s Association’s visibility and programmatic reach within assigned area.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of community volunteers.
- Represent the chapter as needed at community events and networking groups.
- Lead and conduct Community Forums in order to develop an informed and community-focused plan for service delivery.
- Ensure quality assurance and tracking measures are in place for collection of program data, i.e. Personify, CSQEI, etc.
- Develop new, sustainable strategic community partnerships and volunteer supporters in an effort to increase the reach of the Association.
- Build referral partnerships with social service agencies, service providers faith-based, and other organizations to identify prospective volunteers.
- Analyze service data to identify gaps in delivery and create opportunities for increased volunteer engagement.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Collaborate with Associate Director, Diversity and Inclusion to support and identify initiatives to meet diversity and inclusion strategic plan objectives.
- Expand programming opportunities through diversity and inclusion outreach to priority diverse populations among Latino, African American and LGBT constituencies.
Health Systems/Long-Term Care
- Support the implementation of the chapter’s health systems/long-term care strategy.
- Serve as a member of the account management team in an effort to engage health systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Human Services, Gerontology, Nursing, Public Health, or volunteer management; Master’s degree in Social Work or a related field highly desirable.
- Minimum of five years demonstrated experience working with caregivers and persons with dementia, aging services or comparable human services.
- 2 years experience in managing volunteers.
- 2 years experience in staff supervision and managing program implementation.
- 2 years experience in community outreach, community mobilization or organizational capacity building projects/initiatives.
- Demonstrated history of health education, strong public speaking skills and an understanding of adult learning principles.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the assigned territory by car.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs. of materials.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required for the job.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products, Google suite and; experience with, or ability to learn the Personify CRM database and volunteer management system.
- Demonstrated success managing staff and volunteer-led community education programs with experience in recruitment, training, engagement, supervision and evaluation of volunteers.
- Demonstrated success working on a team to identify, create and launch strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrated success working with diverse populations, volunteers, staff, and external contacts to build and maintain successful teams.
- Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and/or analyze growth opportunities and make programmatic recommendations to Chapter leadership.
- Ability to coach and develop staff and volunteer talent.
- Strong communication skills in person, print, and electronically.
- Ability to make data driven decisions.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. He/she will be required to follow any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential job functions may change when necessary.