Americans for Prosperity Foundation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Grassroots Operations, Pennsylvania
at Americans for Prosperity Foundation
- Job Locations
Are you up for the challenge of motivating and leading a large and diverse group of individuals across an expansive state? Americans for Prosperity’s Pennsylvania Director of Grassroots Operations will work to optimize field performance for the Pennsylvania field team to create a more free and open society across the state. The Director of Grassroots Operations will execute strategies from state leadership and will work closely with the State Director. The Director of Grassroots Operations's key contribution will be building personal relationships with staff, imparting knowledge from the field, and identifying personal growth to create top talent field staff. The Director of Grassroots Operations will ultimately drive the success of activities in the field including events, phone banks, door knocking campaigns, and grassroots lobbying meetings. They will be required to speak on behalf of the organization in official capacities across the state at events. The ideal candidate will have a background in community activism, logistics, and management.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Manage day-to-day activities and projects of field staff
- Represent the organization by attending and speaking at local grassroots events for recruitment and education purposes
- Organizing and planning state and local educational rallies and other grassroots events, including the phone bank setup process and door to door canvassing
- Work closely with state leadership and HR to drive talent development and professional growth of field staff
- Fostering an entrepreneurial environment and encouraging and guiding innovation within the state chapter
- Advancing a culture of Market-Based Management
- Reviewing and approving timecards and expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Managing and approving budgets for field staff
- Practice servant leadership and ensure that everyone has the resources and knowledge they need to meet their objectives
- Collaborate with Emerging Markets and Grassroots Leadership Academy business partners
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 2+ years of management and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing others
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong relationship-building skills
- A drive to deepen your own knowledge and a focus on life-long learning
- A willingness to transform yourself and our organization to be more impactful in our efforts
- An ability to coach others in the development of strategic and tactical plans centered around community groups coalitions to achieve outcomes
- An eagerness to connect with teams to further shared interests and advance the state and federal priority initiatives
- Competency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional customer focus skills and ability to anticipate needs
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with state and national staff, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to travel around the state and occasionally outside of the state up to 50% of the time
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- 5-8 years of experience in community activism and engagement
Here are some examples of the positive impact our grassroot staff have made in the lives of Americans across the country.
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.