Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Apple Vacations
Inspire and deliver exceptional value to travelers around the globe as part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! Our vision is to be the best-in-class and largest all-inclusive resort management and travel services provider, differentiated by the collaboration of our unique resort and distribution brands.
Grow your career as a Art Director within AMResorts, one of our 14 industry-leading brands. As the Art Director you will lead a creative team consisting of digital and print designers on creative projects across all channels of print, digital, video and photography, establishing the overall visual direction and identities for our products, with a strategic, holistic view across all touch points. You are also responsible for providing creative direction and overseeing creative output and will work closely with the Sr. Manager of Creative to ensure alignment with AMResorts brand strategy and content guidelines.
A successful Art Director will:
- Manage and mentor a creative team to create holistic campaign execution for all email, digital and print ads, website, brochures, flyers, and related content for all AMResorts brand products.
- Support with on-location photography and video shoots
- Establish design direction for a variety of luxury-branded projects, while maintaining individual brand message, tone, and voice throughout all campaign deliverables.
- Reviews employee projects to maintain quality assurance of brand vision and strategic objectives
- Manage external relationships and resourcing that relates to in-house production
- Manage multiple team projects and timelines simultaneous while meeting deadlines
- Drive a sense of urgency to deliver assets and quick turn around on projects
- Co-create design guidelines and brand standards
- An even mix of hands-on work and project team management
- Monitor and make recommendations on improving workflow efficiencies
- Provide clear and concise direction to direct reports regarding developing concepts, managing time, and troubleshooting issues
- Receives direction from the Sr Creative Manager, but is expected to bring ideas and present solutions to issues independently
- Partner with marketing, distribution and other teams to seamlessly deliver compelling, B2B and customer-facing cross-channel campaigns
- Stay current on design trends, innovations, and technological developments
- Participate in hiring of employees, set performance standards, review employee performance and makes informed compensation recommendations
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Web, Interactive, Communication Design or similar degree
- Candidate must provide either an online portfolio or samples of your work with direct explanation of your involvement.
- Spanish (Not required, but beneficial)
- 10 years' experience Art Direction for graphic design and web development
- 5 years' experience managing direct reports
- An online portfolio demonstrating strong visual design experience
- Thorough knowledge of brand development from concept through completion
- Expertise in creative and digital production process
- You understand the why in what you develop - and have the ability to articulate the rationale behind those designs across teams
- An eye for detail and quality
- Understanding of UX / UI strategy and development
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skill with high attention to detail
- Strategic thinking with a passion for design
- Able to plan and prioritize while focusing on detail orientation
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent typographic skills and ability to teach and mentor staff
- Strong, flexible, strategic thinker with vision that has the ability to inspire and fosters a culture of collaboration and innovation
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Experience working and creating for international markets a plus
- Proficient in Adobe CC
- Expertise in HTML5 and CSS
- Hubspot, eInsight
About Apple Leisure Group
Apple Leisure Group® (ALG) is the leading North American travel, hospitality and leisure management group with the only vertically-integrated business model, serving travelers and destinations worldwide. ALG consistently delivers exceptional value to travelers and strong performance to resort owners and partners by strategically leveraging the power of its portfolio of brands across five segments, comprising: the largest seller of vacation packages and charter flights in the U.S. for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean, moving approximately 3.2 million passengers annually through well-established vacation brands, brand management of 5-star and 4-star luxury resorts through AMResorts® award-winning brand portfolio; best-in-class destination management services provided by Amstar DMC and Worldstar®, the exclusive loyalty program Unlimited Vacation Club®; and the innovative technology solutions provider Trisept Solutions®, connecting over 88,000 travel agents with leading travel suppliers. To learn more about the Apple Leisure Group advantage, visit appleleisuregroup.com.
AMResorts is North America’s fastest growing luxury leisure resort company. Founded in 2001, AMResorts has reached a decade of unparalleled success providing sales, marketing and brand management services by offering to the luxury leisure market high quality Endless Privileges, Unlimited-Luxury and Unlimited-Fun vacations, where everything is included.
Benefits at a Glance
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package to our U.S. based employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Travel Discounts & Deals
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.