Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist
at Apple Vacations
Inspire and deliver exceptional value to travelers around the globe as part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! Our vision is to be the best-in-class and largest all-inclusive resort management and travel services provider, differentiated by the collaboration of our unique resort and distribution brands.
Grow your career as a Human Resources Generalist with Apple Leisure Group. You will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise and will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and assistance. In this role, you will play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on presentations, analytics, reporting and team member engagement, terminations, performance management, team member relations and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between team members and senior management.
A successful Human Resources Generalist will:
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of team member handbook, team member directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development and communication of policies and procedures.
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily team member relations and performance management issues
- Administers human resources policies and procedures, collects and analyzes HR data, processes confidential information and documents.
- Maintain HR project list, team agendas, up-to-date organizational charts, HRIS reporting and HR project and travel calendar
- Support the HR department in implementing programs to help improve the team member experience
- Provide support to HR team members and manager
- Introduce and maintain new hire onboarding follow-up
- Assist with exit interview process and reporting
- Ensure all team member paperwork is completed accurately and submitted to payroll timely
- Maintain electronic personnel files database on both active and terminated team members consistent with state and federal regulations.
- Create/maintain statistics, executive reports and presentations related to all facets of HR (engagement, hire, term, events)
- Act as the first point of contact for team member inquiries to assist with identifying and resolving team member questions/issues
- Lead HR participant in team member activities committee and wellness committee
- Create and send notifications to payroll regarding a team member’s change in status or pay related change
- Process correspondence for unemployment claims and represent the Company for unemployment hearings.
- Report worker’s compensation claims and maintain communication with vendor and team member.
- Maintain OSHA 300 Log and OSHA 300A Summary Log.
- Assist with benefits open enrollment, annual performance review process and special projects
- Identify ways to improve policies and procedures
- Offer proactive recruiting assistance as needed.
- Prepare employment letters and documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience required.
Minimum of two (2) years professional Human Resources experience including: team member relations, compliance, onboarding, FMLA, unemployment, and Workers’ Compensation administration experience
Advanced computer skills required, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and electronic calendar/mail/contacts system.
- Proven experience working in an HR department
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Knowledge of Ultipro a plus
- Knowledge of HR federal laws and regulations
- Compliance – Knowledge and proficiency to execute compliance with HR and organization policies and procedures.
- Accountability - Must be a self-starter that can work well independently and as part of a team.
- Organizational skills - organized and detail oriented with ability to handle a multitude of tasks/projects and prioritize workload efficiently. Must have the ability to work well under pressure and meet/manage changing deadlines.
- Problem Solving - Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- Travel - up to 10%
About Apple Leisure Group
Apple Leisure Group® (ALG) is the leading North American travel, hospitality and leisure management group with the only vertically-integrated business model, serving travelers and destinations worldwide. ALG consistently delivers exceptional value to travelers and strong performance to resort owners and partners by strategically leveraging the power of its portfolio of brands across five segments, comprising: the largest seller of vacation packages and charter flights in the U.S. for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean, moving approximately 3.2 million passengers annually through well-established vacation brands, brand management of 5-star and 4-star luxury resorts through AMResorts® award-winning brand portfolio; best-in-class destination management services provided by Amstar DMC and Worldstar®, the exclusive loyalty program Unlimited Vacation Club®; and the innovative technology solutions provider Trisept Solutions®, connecting over 88,000 travel agents with leading travel suppliers. To learn more about the Apple Leisure Group advantage, visit appleleisuregroup.com.
Benefits at a Glance
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package to our U.S. based employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Travel Discounts & Deals
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.