Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Strategic Account Manager, E-Commerce
at Apple Vacations
Inspire and deliver exceptional value to travelers around the globe as part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! Our vision is to be the best-in-class and largest all-inclusive resort management and travel services provider, differentiated by the collaboration of our unique resort and distribution brands.
Grow your career as a Strategic Account Manager, E-Commerce within AMResorts, one of our 14 industry-leading brands. In this role you will define and implement strategies to maximize revenues of the online travel agents (OTA channels) by managing relationships with top accounts and deploying processes in partner extranets. You will collaborate heavily with our key online tour operator partners such as Expedia, and Booking.com. You will also be the key liaison between hotels these channels to provide ongoing communication and training.
The Strategic Account Manager, E-Commerce will:
- Be responsible for E-Commerce strategy to include successful product delivery and ongoing optimization
- Direct and socialize AMR E-Commerce vision, strategy, roadmap and associated business cases
- Build a culture of frequent and open KPI reviews and active optimization across E-Commerce product areas
- Develop and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/ stakeholders needs and actions consistent with AMR standards
Master complete understanding of designated partner extranets in order to work with Distribution team
Devise a strategy that exploits each channel in order to maximize revenues
- Audit and analyze all partner specific reporting
- Develop, manage, and create strategies to maximize partner extranets
- Provide training and support to hotels and Distribution training teams to update individual partner extranets as needed.
- Conduct and attend Industry Events to include Tradeshows and Presentations.
- Communicate across multiple teams with corporate office, extranet partners and hotels.
- Create and update of Standard Operating Procedure documentation.
- Implement business practices to minimize errors received.
- Keep up with a rapidly changing work environment where priorities may shift from day to day.
- Successfully manage relationships with extranet providers.
- Maintain minimum work standards by setting goals in quality assurance and operational problems by identifying work process improvements.
- Monitor key performance indicators from promotions and corporate initiatives by partner.
- Be the primary point of contact of hotels to answer routine questions regarding the partner extranets.
- Provide executive summary updates related to partner activity as needed and requested.
- Be responsible to maintain resource guide in conjunction with the Training Team for hotel use of partner extranets.
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise through day to day operations and resolve, through Channel Managers and or partner extranets.
- Monitor the effect of how Global Distribution partners with a B2B model are impacting business in other channels.
- Aide in the development and execution of strategies for hotel interaction with both online and B2B partner globally.
- Work with internal teams to ensure and facilitate compliance with company processes and policies.
- Bachelors' degree required
- Commerce experience in the hospitality/ travel/ hotel industry
- Expert in extranets
- Expert in onward distribution strategies
- Ability to solve problems quickly; satisfy Internet speed to market requirements
- Highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, attention to detail and demonstrated track record managing multiple priorities
- Data driven with analytics background
- Ability to learn fast and can quickly act on merging insights and trends
- Effectively communicate with management, staff and suppliers and demonstrate sound judgement/ reasoning skills
- Excellent PC literacy and quantitative skills
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and must posses strong analytical, organizational and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid passport and ability to travel required
About Apple Leisure Group
Apple Leisure Group® (ALG) is the leading North American travel, hospitality and leisure management group with the only vertically-integrated business model, serving travelers and destinations worldwide. ALG consistently delivers exceptional value to travelers and strong performance to resort owners and partners by strategically leveraging the power of its portfolio of brands across five segments, comprising: the largest seller of vacation packages and charter flights in the U.S. for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean, moving approximately 3.2 million passengers annually through well-established vacation brands, brand management of 5-star and 4-star luxury resorts through AMResorts® award-winning brand portfolio; best-in-class destination management services provided by Amstar DMC and Worldstar®, the exclusive loyalty program Unlimited Vacation Club®; and the innovative technology solutions provider Trisept Solutions®, connecting over 88,000 travel agents with leading travel suppliers. To learn more about the Apple Leisure Group advantage, visit appleleisuregroup.com.
AMResorts is North America’s fastest growing luxury leisure resort company. Founded in 2001, AMResorts has reached a decade of unparalleled success providing sales, marketing and brand management services by offering to the luxury leisure market high quality Endless Privileges, Unlimited-Luxury and Unlimited-Fun vacations, where everything is included.
United States, we employ a committed team of over 200 technology professionals.
Benefits at a Glance
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package to our U.S. based employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Travel Discounts & Deals
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.