Aqua America, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Investor Relations Director
at Aqua America, Inc.
At Aqua, we know that water is a precious resource – one that plays a critical role in sustaining life. That’s why we take seriously our mission: protecting and providing Earth’s most essential resource. At Aqua, we are guided by a set of principles that embody the character of our company and inspire our work together. They are embedded within our business practices and our behavior. We are proud to be united by integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence to be the best we can be for the customers and communities we serve.
Together, the women and men of Aqua America serve 1 million customers across eight states. Aqua uses science, technology, capital investments, and amazing talent to provide communities with clean, safe drinking water and responsibly return wastewater to our rivers and streams. Join our team and make a difference!
The Director, Investor Relations is responsible for working in conjunction with the VP, Chief of Staff and Investor Relations (IR) to lead a comprehensive shareholder relations program for the company’s constituents. This role supports management’s interaction with the investment community, including the development of programs to promote the Company’s visibility with both retail and institutional investors. The ideal candidate would have both an administrative and strategic skillset to administer the Corporation’s stock programs, provide a leadership role of the Investor Relations outreach program and perform additional corporate tasks delegated by VP, Chief of Staff and IR, and senior management.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Lead the development, implementation and ongoing management of an effective strategy to reach both retail and institutional investors which tie in with the Company’s equity goals.
- Work with VP and internal teams to coordinate and develop press releases and supporting material for corporate announcements such as earnings, dividends, special events, CSR efforts and other financial news items.
- Develop and maintain presentations and materials for delivery to current and potential investors at industry conferences, investor events, the Company annual meeting, and individual meetings with institutional investors, retail brokerage houses, retail shareholder fairs, and other related events.
- At the direction of VP of IR, be the liaison for the Company with the financial analyst community, including sell-side and buy-side analysts.
- Develop, plan and coordinate events, whereby the CEO, CFO and members of senior management have interactions with Wall Street including roadshows, conferences and analyst days. Prepare management for such interactions.
- Lead the day-to-day operations with the Company’s transfer agent and other third-party vendors.
- Responsible for the administration of the corporation’s stock programs (including the Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Dividend Reinvestment Program (DRP), Direct Stock Purchase Plan (DSPP), and Aqua America’s Individual Retirement Account (IRA)) and their impact on the company’s stock ledger.
- Be the subject matter expert on the Company’s ESPP and equity award plans, supporting the VP and HR with resources and guidance for employees.
- Along with VP, lead the management of the Company’s compliance activities as they relate to investor relations, including SEC Regulation D and G. Administer SEC section 16 filings such as Forms 3, 4, and 5 in conjunction with the General Counsel. Lead and coordinate various activities related to the proxy, annual report and annual meeting.
- Support the preparation of presentations and materials for the Corporation’s Board of Directors and Committee Meetings. Lead the maintenance of the IR specific Board appendix including relevant issues regarding investor relations activities, share ownership, stock performance, market related issues, industry peers, and updates on company stock programs as required.
- Plan and assist in the implementation of various aspects related to public equity offerings when necessary.
- Lead the administration and maintenance of material appearing on the company’s IR website.
- Conduct and provide ad hoc reporting including regular market surveillance of the Company’s (and its peers) share ownership and stock performance, market conditions, peer comparisons and industry trends. Lead the analysis of analyst’s estimates and models.
Special educational or registration qualifications:
- B.S. degree, preferably in Business, Finance or Economics; MBA or CFA preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of corporate or relevant financial services experience, preferably in Investor Relations.
- Must be available for overnight business travel.
- Available for company travel 25% of time.
VP, Chief of Staff and Investor Relations
Aqua America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, including medical conditions related to lactation), physical or mental disability, covered-veteran status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Aqua America is one of the largest U.S.-based, publicly traded water and wastewater utilities, serving about 1 million customers in Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Texas and Virginia. Founded in 1886 in southeastern Pennsylvania, Aqua has more than 130 years of history and experience. At Aqua, we know that water is a precious resource – one that plays a critical role in sustaining life. That’s why we take seriously our mission: protecting and providing Earth’s most essential resource. At Aqua, we are guided by a set of principles that embody the character of our company and inspire our work together. They are embedded within our business practices and our behavior. We are proud to be united by integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence to be the best we can be for the customers and communities we serve. At Aqua, we put a strong emphasis on safety. It is part of the fabric of who we are as a company and a culture. Aqua America is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol WTR. More about Aqua is available at AquaAmerica.com. Connect with MyAquaAmerica on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @MyAquaAmerica.