Aramark Parks and Destinations
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Financial Analyst - Higher Education
at Aramark Parks and Destinations
- Finance and Accounting
- Employment Type
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Senior Financial Analyst – Philadelphia, PA
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for conducting and presenting complex financial analysis projects. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst provides a wide range of financial analyses for the Sector and serves as a liaison to the lines of business and corporate personnel in regards to forecast, trends, and reporting policy and procedure. Other responsibilities include:
- Supports the development, analysis, and distribution of the Sector Annual Plan package
- Monthly Projection reporting and analysis
- Variance analysis and explanations for incorporation into monthly reports
- Is assigned special projects and analysis as needed by the Finance AVP, Director of FP&A or Manager of FP&A.
- Use of the Global Performance & Labor Dashboard to drive results
- Makes financial presentations to operations personnel as requested (e.g. regional and district meetings)
- Mentors the financial analyst
- Plays a key role in the middle of the P&L efficiency projects (Food, Labor & Direct Expenses)
- Develops new analytical models to provide increased insight and efficiencies
- Plays a key role in the development of new automated reports and procedures utilizing Performance Management Dashboard, inSight, and Hyperion systems
- Lead on COE and OPX projection and reporting
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree: Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft software and operating systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, the ability to influence without formal authority, sound judgment, the ability to learn quickly, and the ability to adapt to new situations and interface with senior management.
- Ability to extract data, analyze data and prepare reports for senior level.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible accounting and financial analysis experience is required. A firm understanding of accounting is required. Experience with multiple lines of business is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to interface with multiple levels of management are essential.
- Flexible and able to multi-task. Has ability to coordinate multiple projects with deadlines and changing priorities.
- Strong working knowledge of the current financial reporting processes. Also, a working knowledge of systems that are impacted by Global Field Financials, including Oracle, the various field financial systems, managers toolkit, etc.