Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Coach, Women's Volleyball (part-time)
at Arcadia University
- Regular Staff Part-Time
he person in this part-time position will be involved in many aspects of the sport program, including, but not limited to, practice planning, game preparation/scouting, in-game coaching, recruiting, administrative work, and general supervision of student-athletes.
Arcadia University is a top-ranked private university in the greater Philadelphia area that promises a distinctly global, integrative, and personal learning experience to prepare students to contribute and lead in a diverse and dynamic world. A national leader in study abroad and international education, Arcadia has been named #1 in undergraduate study abroad participation for the ninth consecutive year by the Institute of International Education’s Open Doors Report. Approximately 3,900 students attend Arcadia, and the University’s 2,500 undergraduate students choose from more than 65 fields of study.
Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia's Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to hiring manager. Due to the volume of applications received, communication will generally be limited to those candidates that are selected for additional consideration.
For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://careers-arcadia.icims.com/jobs/ and submit a cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references.
Application review will begin immediately. Posting will be removed from the website once we've established a sufficient talent pool for consideration.
Arcadia University seeks candidates of diverse cultural backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia University encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. All offers of employment are conditional based on successful completion of a background check.
- Helps supervise and manage all aspects of the sport program in conjunction with the head coach.
- Recruits and retains qualified student-athletes.
- Conducts training sessions to aid in the skill development of team members.
- Keeps informed of contemporary trends, tactics, techniques and strategies, which includes developing a philosophy of what to teach and how to implement.
- Assists with game-day preparation and scouting of opponents.
- Promotes and helps monitor academic progress of student-athletes.
- Provides in-game assistance and support to the head coach.
- Serves as a role model for team members with regards to personal and professional conduct.
- Counsels and mentors team members as needed.
- Monitors health, wellness, and safety of team members.
- Enforces department and team expectations regarding general standard of behavior for student-athletes.
- Transports team members to away contests as required. Performs administrative tasks and completes requests for information as assigned.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Athletics Department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Received: Position reports to the Head Coach.
Given: Supervises student-athletes and team managers.
- Associate's degree from accredited college or university is required Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Combination of degree completion and professional work experience will be considered in absence of associate's degree.
- Collegiate playing experience strongly preferred.
- Previous coaching experience at the collegiate, high school, and/or club level preferred.
- Demonstrated success in scouting, talent assessment, and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills, whether dealing with individuals or groups, and an ability to work well with different constituents.
- Strong initiative, detail, and follow-up skills with student-athletes, staff members, and administration.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and apply University policies and procedures to ensure operational compliance and reliable judgement. General computer knowledge with a proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Experience with Front Rush or similar recruiting software preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel for both games and recruiting expected.
- Evening and weekend availability is required.
- Flexibility with an evolving work environment is important.
- Valid driver's license required. Ability to successfully complete a background check, motor vehicle check, and drug test.
- Current CPR, AED, and first aid certifications required.
- Training and recertification can be provided if necessary.
- Compliance with NCAA Division III rules and regulations required.
- Compliance with athletic conference rules and regulations required.
- Ability to demonstrate and teach sport-specific skills required.
- Ability to move about campus and other locations.
- Physical ability to include standing and/or walking for long periods, bending, kneeling and stooping, manual dexterity, and ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.