Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Institutional Research & Effectiveness
at Arcadia University
- Regular Staff Full-Time
- President's Office
Under the guidance of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, and in collaboration with key University stakeholders, the Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness provides a leadership role in University wide efforts for assessment, accreditation, strategic planning, academic programmatic success, and retention. The Director designs and manages systems that provide quantitative and qualitative research analysis in support of these and other University initiatives. The Director is responsible for completing and effectively disseminating institutional, state, accreditation related, and federally mandated reports. The person in this position serves on the Provost's Cabinet, co-chairs the Institutional Effectiveness Committee, and chairs the Data Stewards Committee.
Arcadia University is a top-ranked private university in the greater Philadelphia area that promises a distinctly global, integrative, and personal learning experience to prepare students to contribute and lead in a diverse and dynamic world. A national leader in study abroad and international education, Arcadia has been named #1 in undergraduate study abroad participation for the ninth consecutive year by the Institute of International Education's Open Doors Report. Approximately 3,900 students attend Arcadia, and the University's 2,500 undergraduate students choose from more than 65 fields of study.
Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia's Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to hiring manager.
For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://careers-arcadia.icims.com/jobs/ and submit a cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references. Application review will begin immediately.
Posting will be removed from the website once we've established a sufficient talent pool for consideration.
Arcadia University seeks candidates of diverse cultural backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia University encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. All offers of employment are conditional based on successful completion of a background check.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the University community, including academic and non-academic units.
- Collaborate with non-academic units on development and assessment of unit goals and outcomes.
- Support academic and non-academic units on accreditation of the University and of individual academic programs.
- Provide staff development programs for the University
- Participate on the University's Institutional Effectiveness Committee, which provides ongoing work related meeting the Middles States Commission on Higher Education's seven standards for accreditation.
- Chair Arcadia's Data Stewards Committee, which is responsible for the definitions, integration, reliability, validity and maintenance of the University's official data.
- Maintain data and documentation needed for public accountability and compliance and make them readily available to appropriate audiences.
- Contribute data and analysis needed for evidence-informed budgetary planning.
- Develop and implement strategic and operational OIRE plans.
- Direct the operations of the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness, including supervision of an analyst.
- Respond to proposals for OIRE projects in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the University Community to ensure channels of communication remain open, initiatives are coordinated and planned, and that provided services are meeting their needs.
- Deliver an annual report summarizing activities, accomplishments, and progress towards goals of OIRE.
- Conduct an annual performance review with any direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Given: This position is the primary contact for Institutional Research and supervises an analyst
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of the role of evidence-informed decision making in relation to assessment, accreditation, and budgetary decision making in a higher education setting.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- High-level technical abilities including coding skills to enable both operational and strategic oversight of Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (OIRE)
- Strong project management experience.
- Demonstrated evidence of increasing responsibilities in the areas of institutional research, assessment, accreditation, and evidence-based planning in an academic setting.
- Experience in strategic planning and tactical implementation for IR initiatives
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all campus constituencies
- Demonstrated success in team building, motivation and leadership
- Appropriate technical/professional qualifications or certifications
- Expertise in research, database design, and enrollment analysis
- Demonstrable expertise in Microsoft Access, Excel, SQL, SPSS and other common statistical and database packages required. Expertise in data visualization software (Tableau required and Veera preferred)
- Strong oral, written and technical communication skills
- Ability to provide data in various presentation formats (including multi-media)
- Knowledge of statistical processes, data analysis, and higher education reporting requirements
- Master's Degree in an appropriate field.
- Five years of progressive experience