Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Consultant - FS Risk, Internal Audit and Cybersecurity (IT)
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
- Risk Advisory
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
The Senior Consultant (Information Technology focus) will work directly with senior management within the Philadelphia Financial Services Risk, Internal Audit and Cybersecurity (FS PHI RIAC) practice to deliver IT internal audit, risk-focused examinations, as well as various technology and data analytics consulting projects within the financial services industry. A successful candidate to this position will be a hard-working, intellectually curious person who has passion for current and emerging technologies. This person will work collaboratively throughout the group to develop enhanced service offerings and deliver best in class service to our clients.
- Work directly with partners and managers, providing governance, risk, technology, and compliance advisory services to clients
- Coach, train and oversee staff to deliver effective internal audit, examination and insurance advisory engagements
- Perform risk focused IT examinations to review and evaluate an insurer's business & technology processes and controls
- Plan and lead IT and cyber security examinations
- Evaluate and render opinions regarding an organization’s data processing operations and systems, including but not limited to, assessments with respect to the existence and effectiveness of internal control policies and procedures
- Recommend/document actions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, or to protect consumer data privacy
- Responsible for timely submission of draft reports for supervisory review
- Review and analyze new, proposed, or revised laws, regulations, policies, and procedures in order to interpret their meaning and determine. impact to our clients and their business partners
- Prepare and supervise the writing of clear, complete, concise, and informative reports
- Attend networking meetings and conferences representing Baker Tilly
- Participate in and/or lead internal presentations and trainings to Baker Tilly clients and staff
- Engage in development and/or delivery of external presentations at conferences in association with the Partners/Managers
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Information Systems (MIS), Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- Minimum three years of experience with Risk Advisory, Internal and/or External Audit required; experience in public accounting, and Financial Services/ Insurance Industry exposure preferred
- Desire to progress to obtaining the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation is required
- Previously met the education and work experience requirements of the CISA is preferred
- CISA designation is preferred
- AES credentials preferred
- Strong understanding of information systems risk assessments and controls review
- Project management and organizational skills, required. Experience with Agile / Scrum preferred
- Experience assessing technology management processes including system development lifecycle, change control, network and security administration
- Flexibility to travel to various client sites, overnight as needed up to 50%
- Open and honest communicator
- Passion for personal growth
- Strong work ethic and commitment, ability to work independently
- Ability to navigate through difficult conversations such as performance management and client deviations issues
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Strong relationship builder
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.