Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Consultant - Financial Services RIAC (Regulatory Exam and Analysis)
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
- Risk Advisory
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Work directly with partners, managers and seniors, providing governance, risk, technology, and compliance advisory services to clients.
- Think independently and strategically about your clients’ business, systems and risks.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client’s operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Serve as a valued business advisor, build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Perform risk focused financial examinations to review and evaluate an insurer's business processes and controls (including the quality and reliability of corporate governance) to assist in assessing and monitoring its current financial condition and prospective solvency.
- Perform risk focused financial analysis of regulated insurance entities on behalf of our clients, through off-site monitoring of the State insurance department client’s domestic insurers’ financial condition, and monitor and report on significant internal/external changes and risks relating to all aspects of the insurer.
- Review and analyze new, proposed, or revised laws, regulations, policies, and procedures in order to interpret their meaning and determine impact to the company.
- Analyze financial operating statements, reports, and records relating to specific and overall operations of insurance companies; prepare and supervise writing of clear, complete, concise, and informative reports of financial conditions of insurance companies and health care organizations.
- Provide supervision and training to less experienced staff.
- Attend networking meetings and conferences to assist in creating meaningful relationships to further the development and growth of the insurance regulatory practice.
- Participate in and/or lead presentations and trainings to Baker Tilly clients and at conferences on various examination and analysis topics, trends and audit methodologies.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Risk management, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum three years of experience with Risk Advisory, Internal and/or External Audit, or a state regulatory agency/department required; experience in public accounting and/or internal audit with insurance industry exposure preferred.
- Some or all parts passed of one or more of the following: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) , Accredited Financial Examiner designation (AFE), Certified Financial examiner (CFE) designation required.
- CPA, CIA, or CFE credentialed preferred.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Solid framework for preparation, research, and project planning.
- Flexibility to travel to various client sites, overnight as needed up to 50%
- Proactive communication (both written and verbal).
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills preferred.
- Passion for personal growth.
- Strong work ethic and commitment, ability to work independently.
- Ability to navigate through difficult conversations such as performance management and client deviations issues.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Strong relationship builder
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.