Bank of America Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Data Network Engineer
at Bank of America Corporation
The role of the Data Network Engineer is to provide technical design and implementation services to support the evolution and ongoing support of the IP Network in response to projects (all types), upgrades, service and feature enhancements and for remediation/break-fix services. The work is always in alignment to the current and approved architectural, roadmaps, technology standards and templates, governance and change management policies set forth by the firm.
The technology areas of focus for the role includes, Data Center and End User networks, public and private transport systems, WAN, Optical systems and emerging technologies such as Switched-Ethernet, LTE, (etc.), Corporate/Branch and Building Networking including Wireless LAN. Knowledge in related technology areas such as Voice and Voice over IP (VoIP) solutions and Network Transport Services is required. Network Appliance, Video and Unified Communications knowledge are important.
This role also provides senior networking technical support to other stakeholders including problem and incident support to Network Operations. An understanding of the role of Operations; troubleshooting practices and the use of proactive and reactive tools is important to the Data Network Engineer’s role. They must be mindful of how their role impacts the firm’s business and reputation. Concepts such as driving value, always delivering quality and understanding how their work impacts service resiliency (C&R) are important.
This role is part of a global solutions and service delivery organization. This position will interface directly with internal and external customers/suppliers/providers; architecture, product engineering, product management, finance and business management and operations teams. At times, they may interface with various levels of senior management. Strong written, verbal and presentation skills are a must. The candidate must be able to work on their own and successfully in team settings in various sizes and locations. Adherence and use of standards, product sets, templates, systems and artifacts are important to the success of the engineer, the department and the firm at large. The Data Network Engineer will be considered a subject matter expert in their field and is expected to stay current with various technologies, organizational goals and industry trends to drive end to end value.
Required Job Skills:
- Possesses the clear ability to translate business requirements into creditable, high quality and resilient designs based upon the firm’s roadmaps and standards. Must understand that their work will not be considered complete until it is successfully accepted into production and is fully monitored and supported by Network Operations.
- The Network Engineer conducts technology assessments.
- Focuses on managing the design and implementation of new technology solutions.
- Provides design and detailed consulting as network subject matter expert.
- Delivers design proposals/budget and scopes for all requests.
- Works with the Architecture and Product Engineering teams to develop, review, communicate, and revise network standards.
- Performs large scale network planning; plans, designs and network projects via technical processes, standards and governance as they relate to network engineering activities.
- Displays knowledge in network sizing, QOS, NAC, CAC and COS traffic classifications. Must have the ability to provide bandwidth requirement calculations. Technical areas of focus include but are not limited to WAN/MAN, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, Load Balancers, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, NAC, QoS, CAC, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, NHRP, ATM, PPP, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, ACL, VNP, Building Wireless/Wi-Fi solutions (802.xx) and carrier “in-building wireless services (DAS) etc. Knowledge of Cable Systems a plus.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of Network Security design.
Desired Job Skills:
Leadership; Self-starter, self-directed and shows initiative
• Focused on execution, delivery and commitment to dates
• Can ties strategy and actions to business impact and results
• Demonstrates ownership: Is accountable and can hold others accountable (professionally)
• Strong written and verbal communications skills. Ability to communicate and influence upward as well as laterally.
• Organized and detail oriented
• Strong technical acumen
• Ability to partner with others for the good of the initiative
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills and expertise to help make their lives better.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent around the world to ensure we continue to deliver together for our customers, clients and communities. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Learn about some of the ways Bank of America is making a difference in the communities we serve.
Learn about the six areas that guide Bank of America’s efforts to help make financial lives better for customers, clients, communities and our teammates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Each employee brings unique skills, background and opinions. We see diversity and inclusion as our platform for innovation and a key component in our success.
Learn about our four values that represent what we believe.