Bimbo Bakeries USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Corporate Strategy Manager in Conshohocken, PA at Bimbo Bakeries USA
at Bimbo Bakeries USA
Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
As a member of the Corporate Strategy team, you will help shape BBU’s competitive strategy by leading internal consulting projects and supporting M&A efforts. The Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy will work directly with Acelerada and the core BBU business to create value by solving the most important strategic questions across the organization, including:
- Act as an Engagement Manager to help identify new growth platforms, growth opportunities within business units, and across businesses – through the identification of attractive market spaces, determining what it takes to win, assessing competitive position and business models, and then helping the organization to align on the strategic direction and execution plan.
- Support the Business Segments and Business Units in developing strategies that drive above-market organic and inorganic growth, including driving key business turnarounds, working closely with leadership to manage cross-functional teams.
- Ensure that the business strategies he/she develops clearly articulate the business choices, are well-defined, describe personnel talent and resource requirements and arrive at action insights.
- Identify, synthesize and communicate key trends across industries, segments, regions, and competitors.
- Support primary research and analysis for identifying and assessing both organic and inorganic growth opportunities.
- Support and lead talent management within the Corporate Strategy team, including MBA university recruiting and employee development objectives.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Assist in strategy development that enables the organization to frame and make critical strategic decisions to profitably grow and defend the business. Help the organization to refine its “where to play” and “how to win” choices to drive growth, improve profitability, and sustain competitive advantage.
Lead joint Corporate and BU teams in solving complex business problems using a hands-on hypothesis-driven approach:
Provide project management and thought leadership to project teams.
Guide and coach project team members in using a hypothesis-driven approach.
Lead from the front by taking on complex workstreams and providing hands-on support, including serving in an individual contributor capacity when required.
Develop project deliverables and executive presentation documents.
Lead primary and secondary research.
Frame discussion of findings and recommendations.
Become a trusted advisor to BU and Corporate leadership.
Partner with Finance colleagues to understand the financial impact of strategic decisions. Assist businesses to identify and develop plans to close performance gaps.
Support projects to:
Identify, analyze, and resolve important strategic issues.
Develop timely, well-informed analysis of the competitive landscape (both existing and emerging). Anticipate likely changes and assess the strategic and economic impact of changes over both short and long-term time horizons.
Develop and document a deep understanding of different product categories, segments, customers and retail channels.
Analyze industry structure, go-to-market models, competitive dynamics, and market attractiveness and its likely evolution to inform strategy development and priority setting.
Identify and assess inorganic opportunities – acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, alliances, licensing relationships, etc.
Support national scale, cross-functional transformational projects.
Design and implement projects to execute on strategic objectives.
Manage cross-functional, often virtual, teams – to maintain steady progress, coordinating workstreams.
Engage senior stakeholders across the business to help steer the direction and resolve issues.
Perform other job-related duties as needed.