Bloomin' Brands, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Culinary Training Manager - Fleming's Prime Steakhouse - Radnor PA
at Bloomin' Brands, Inc.
The Field Culinary Training Manager for Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar is responsible for supporting and providing leadership to multiple restaurants in a given geographic area, concentrating on perfect execution of all menu items. Working alongside Regional Sr. Director of Operations, this position is responsible for the training and development of Chef Partners (CP) to enhance operational excellence in the Heart-of-House (HOH).
- Responsible for all aspects of perfect execution in the HOH, with an emphasis on recipe adherence.
- Provides leadership to Chef Partners to ensure the HOH is properly staffed and trained.
- Works with each restaurant’s Chef Partners to train, develop, and evaluate Sous Chef’s.
- Collaborates with the Regional Sr. Director of Operations to provide guidance and oversight to each restaurant’s succession planning process.
- Partners with each restaurant’s Chef Partner to execute Senior Manager Program to ensure Sous Chef candidates are identified and trained according to program requirements.
- Leads the roll-out of the new menu items and ensures OP’s, CP’s, and Sous Chefs are properly trained on all new menu items and LTO’s to ensure perfect execution.
- Guides decision making and provides coaching to improve leadership skills of Chef Partners; emphasis on recruiting, interviewing, and time management skills.
- Continually introduces process improvement measures to improve perfect execution of menu items.
- Participates in the selection process of CP’s.
- Visits each restaurant in assigned territory a minimum of 1 time per quarter for a minimum of two full days (4-6 visits per year).
- Demonstrates our Principles and Beliefs through example.
- Provides oversight to ensure all food safety and sanitation requirements are met; kitchen forms are being used and monitored appropriately and all ordering procedures properly followed.
- Enforces all EcoSure QAR’s and local health department requirements. Follows up on past reports, as appropriate.
- Provides leadership to Chef Partners on cost controls to deliver restaurant financial objectives and maintain labor costs.
- Provides written communication in a timely manner (within 24 hours) to the Chef Partner, Operating Partner, Corporate Executive Chef and Regional Sr. Director of Operations as a follow up to all restaurant visits.
- Assists in the opening of new restaurants; including assigning of HOH trainers, pre-opening requirements (detailed in the Critical Path and Chef’s Opening Packet).
- Culinary degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as executive/head chef at polished or fine dining restaurant.
- Functional knowledge of fine dining industry and culinary expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional people and development skills. Proven track record in assessing, developing, coaching, and managing heart-of-the-house (HOH) talent.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead people and get results through others.
- Highly organized and self-disciplined.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Exhibit integrity above reproach when interacting with any individuals as a representative of Fleming’s, as well as when dealing with sensitive, confidential or proprietary information.
- Ability to routinely travel throughout assigned territory, which is the Northeast US corridor; estimate 90% travel. Approximately 25-50% of the time spent traveling done with respective JVP and once a quarter with the Corporate Executive Chef.