Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Blue Team
401K, Medical, Dental, and Vision
Why Work Here?
“Our great leadership, challenging projects, large loss property restoration brings excitement and career growth, with great benefits!”
Join the exciting Blue Team! We are presently seeking a highly motivated, goal orientated and efficient Construction Superintendent to join our growing team in the commercial construction division. The Superintendent ensures delivery of the project on schedule and in line with budgeted performance metrics. The Superintendent works alongside team members and manages daily onsite project activities.
Blue Team has been doing business as a national commercial general contractor since 2008. The Company is based out of Boca Raton, FL. The Company provides commercial interior renovations, exterior reconstruction, roofing and disaster recovery services for commercial portfolios. We are an equal opportunity employer that truly values our employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mobilize to site at receipt of assignment and perform “site establishment”
- Scope and schedule review with local level clienteles
- Establish a daily “Check In/Check Out” process with local management
- Coordinate work of all subcontractors in field
- Direct and oversee the daily operation of all subcontractors in a way that achieves successful completion of the project
- Accurately record daily crew members and activities
- Prepare and submit all project-related paperwork at the required time of submission
- Ensure jobsite safety and quality of work
- Conduct and record weekly safety meeting
- Collect all subcontractor project sign in’s acknowledging the safety topic covered
- Perform regular quality checks of ongoing production and give corrective direction as needed
- Perform regular “pre-punch” walks with subcontractors and give direction on actions needed to complete scope
- Ensure minimal customer business interference
- Present on the jobsite full-time
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 3 years’ experience working in commercial construction.
- Experience working for a general contractor.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction and maintenance practices, procedures, and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal building codes and legislation.
- Familiarity with a wide range of equipment and tools and proficiency in skilled construction, maintenance and repair tasks.
- Strong communications skills; thorough and attentive to details.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task; proactive and deadline oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Travel – Requires 70-75% travel, up to 2 weeks away from home on each project
- 3+ Years in commercial roofing
- Must be available and reachable on short notice and during all designated work hours, including being on call to respond to emergency losses 24/7/365
- Computer skills including internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word
- High School completion/GED required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree from college or university; or three (3) + years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Full range of benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, 401(K) with Employer match and Paid Time off (PTO).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BBMK Contracting dba “BLUE TEAM” does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or military status, in the process of hiring, retention, or the promotion of employee.
About Blue Team:
Blue Team’s Mission is to cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. At the core of our company we strive to be mindful, respectful and understanding to our clients.
We do so by embracing our employees as family, at Blue Team, we try and instill a team mentality in each and every one of our associates and train our staff on our company core values.
We believe that with quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goal of a successful and well-structured organization that will treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect.
Most importantly, we understand urgency and accountability, and that only when core values are implemented in our business culture, we may achieve our goals; to be a profitable, successful organization who values our employees and our commercial clients nationwide.