Carelink Community Support Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRN Residential Counselor - Golf Club, West Chester, PA
at Carelink Community Support Services
|Title:||PRN Residential Counselor - Golf Club, West Chester, PA|
|Department:||Golf Club - 4500|
CareLink Community Support Services has current openings for PRN Residential Counselors. PRN Residential Counselors will be part of a PRN pool who will work in our Phoenixville, Glenmoore, Coatesville, Exton, and Pottstown locations. PRN positions are classified as on call/as needed employment.
If you are a Direct Care Professional needing a little extra cash and/or looking for flexible work, working PRN hours with us is an easy way to put extra money in your pocket while helping out individuals in our service and gaining valuable experience in the field.
In addition, we offer:
- FLEXIBLE HOURS: You can work around school, family and other job schedules!
- LOW COMMITMENT: Only a minimum of 32 hours per quarter required!
- GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES: We’re on the move to open more locations! As a growing company, we offer our PRN staff training opportunities and promotion/transfer opportunities into positions or programs that meet their career goals.
For over 60 years, CareLink Community Support Services has been dedicated to helping people with disabilities to live in the community with dignity and independence. Our rehabilitation services and professional staff provide the supports that people with serious mental illness, physical disabilities and other developmental challenges need to be active, productive members of their communities.
The Residential Counselor position is responsible for promoting recovery, wellness, and self-determination for individuals participating in services by implementing, supporting, and documenting activities that promote recovery. This position is responsible for supporting community integration. The goal of this position is to promote the pursuit of independence for all individuals participating in service. The essential functions are established based upon the agency mission, values, and goals.
- PRN - On-call as needed
- High School diploma or General Equivalency diploma or Certified Nursing Assistant license required. A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and prior experience working in human services is preferred. RPRP/CPRP certification preferred.
- Certified Peer Specialist preferred;
- Motivation, interest and ability to work empathetically with people with disabilities using methods of recovery principles;
- Ability to work independently;
- Must be able to write and speak English in an understandable manner;
- Ability to communicate in a supportive and teaching manner;
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks;
- Ability to take direction;
- Ability to prepare meals, perform general housekeeping and maintenance duties;
- Valid state driver's license required;
- Willingness to drive agency vehicle as required;
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Participate in the development and implementation of service/recovery plans reflecting the individual’s preferences, goals, lifestyles, and interests.
- Assess, teach, evaluate, and supervise individual’s skills in the areas of daily living, meal planning, housekeeping, career needs, and social, recreational, and community activities.
- Complete written documentation daily that reflects the individual’s recovery and progress on their goals as well as staff interventions.
- Assist and oversee individuals with medication regimen including PRN medications.
- Consistently engages in productive/therapeutic activities.
- Encourage and support individuals in developing positive relationships with family and significant others.
- Assist individuals through modeling, verbal teaching, and/or direct assistance with maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of their individual rooms and their residence.
- Assist or prepare various foods for individual meals as required.
- Ensure that any and all dietary considerations are followed. Food shopping must be completed and dietary preferences/concerns will need to be considered.
- Locate and access community medical resources for individual needs as applicable and as instructed.
- Take regular responsibility in shift activities, including but not limited to site trash removal, changing linens, making beds, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning common areas which include but are not limited to the living room, kitchen, foyer, dining area, and hallways.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, including assisting with maintenance of the kitchen, common areas, linen closets, medication storage areas, and staff office.
- Use appropriate communication channels.
- Respond appropriately to safety/emergency situations.
- Drive agency vehicles in a safe manner following the applicable traffic laws for purposes of supporting individuals and/or the program.
- Lifting is required. Ability to lift at least a minimum of twenty (20) pounds;
- Ability to physically assist individuals in personal care;
- Ability to perform common household cleaning activities that involve: consistent standing, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, and walking;
- Ability to drive agency vehicle;
- Ability to shovel snow off of walk-ways, sidewalks, and porches if applicable.
Please visit our website to view all open positions and to apply online - http://www.carelinkservices.org/index.php/employment-volunteering/
CareLink Community Support Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not practice or permit discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation or gender identity.