Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PT Occupational Therapist- 2019-20 SY
at Catapult Learning
- Job ID
- Full-Time / Part-Time
- Regular / Temporary
Catapult Learning is a leading provider of educational services to schools and districts nationwide. We are an organization of dedicated people who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve.
Catapult Learning is seeking a Part-Time Occupational Therapist to join our team of Specialized Service Providers for the 2019-2020 school year. The expected schedule will consist of 12-16 work hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Occupational Therapy intervention for students utilizing exercises and equipment to facilitate needs based on the goals and objectives included in the student’s IEP or Intervention Plan
- Areas of need include but are not limited to:
- Fine motor
- Gross motor
- Monitor student progress using consistent data collection and ongoing assessment
- Determine the need for evaluation based on referral and/or screening
- Test and evaluate students to determine eligibility for occupational therapy
- Consult with classroom teachers regarding occupational therapy plans for each student to assure that intervention is targeted to address the student’s educational needs, and incorporated into the classroom as appropriate and possible
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis to assure that they are informed with regard to student progress, and that interventions are incorporated into home activities as appropriate and possible
- Create solutions to challenges for individual students, which are based in research and sound professional judgment
- Make referrals to community resources as needed
- Complete required reporting and paperwork in a timely and well-organized manner
- Provide professional development workshops on relevant Occupational Therapy topics to other disciplines and staff
- Provide workshops for parents on relevant Occupational Therapy topics
- Other duties as assigned
Requires a master’s degree in occupational therapy, as required by state and contract
PA state licensure required
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work independently
- Must be motivated and well-organized
- Demonstrate good communication skills with adults and students
- Must have means of transportation for travel between work locations
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.