Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pediatric Clinical Nursing Faculty
at Chamberlain University
- Job ID
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Employment Type
- Temporary Part-Time
- FLSA Status
- U.S. - Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
We invite interested candidates to submit a resume for future consideration.
Chamberlain College of Nursing is seeking Part-Time Clinical Instructors interested in teaching students in our Bachelors of Science in Nursing program studying at our North Brunswick, NJ campus.
The clinical sites, for pediatric clinicals, will be in the Philadelphia area and require active licensure in the States of Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Chamberlain offers students diversified clinical experiences in which to hone their skills in a variety of settings, including hospitals, long-term care facilities, independent practices, ambulatory care centers, medical centers and home health environments – anywhere healthcare is delivered.
NR-328: Pediatric Nursing; Family-centered care of children is the focus of this course, exploring issues of normal child care as well as health alterations of children from infancy through adolescence.
As a clinical instructor you will be working with our BSN students, observing as the students are performing skills and assessments with patients on the floor. You will be working one shift per week.
If you are passionate about nursing and advancing your career through the power of education, we want to talk with you today.
In this role, the clinical instructor:
- Implements the College's philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives through clinical teaching and service to the College, community, health system and profession
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching assignments
- Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals
- Evaluates and provides documented feedback to student on level of performance based on course objectives
- Is available for remediation of students as required or needed
- Orients and maintains current knowledge related to agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations with the assistance of the agency/clinical personnel
- Develops and posts written clinical assignments consistent with student's knowledge base, skill competency and individual learning needs
- Grades homework, quizzes, tests, lab assignments, clinical paperwork and other written work in a timely manner
- May teach didactic course content under supervision of course coordinator
- Keeps course coordinator informed of all student and agency issues and concerns
- Reports to the dean or assistant dean: a course coordinator will also provide direct oversight
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master's Degree in Nursing is required.
- A current, unencumbered registered nurse (RN) license in BOTH New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Minimum of two years experience within last five years in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse.
- Excellent communication skills with high level of initiative and prudent judgment.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University is a rapidly-expanding university rich with opportunities for growth and offering competitive wages and benefits. If you enjoy being a part of an exciting team and working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, then Chamberlain University might be right for you.
Through Chamberlain Care®, we believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer a wide range of benefits that are intended to meet the diverse needs of our colleagues. Whether it's advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals.
As an educational organization, we also support and encourage colleagues to further their educations by offering tuition assistance and seminars through our Leadership Development Center.
If you are ready to join an institution like ours, we welcome you to apply.