Community Options, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DSP Team Leader
at Community Options, Inc.
Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
We are seeking a Senior Community Integration Counselor in King of Prussia, PA to provide individualized services designed to assist participants in managing and overcoming the difficulties confronted when living in the community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred but high school diploma/equivalent is required.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience, preferably working with individuals with disabilities.
- Understanding and commitment to community based supports for people with disabilities.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- May act as supervisor in the absence of day program manager
- Assists individuals as necessary with daily living skills and the development of community involvement, communication skills, problem-solving skills and social skills
- Provides ongoing support for community integration efforts
- Assists in development of bi-weekly schedules for each participant to maximize their community integration
- Completes training with individuals towards achieving HCBH ISP goals
- Completes training as necessary to facilitate staff development
- Monitors, reports health and medical needs of individuals as applicable
- Administers medications and ensures proper completion of necessary documentation
- Accompanies individuals to and from activities
- Plans, develops, facilitates and participates in both individual and group activities for participants, including leisure and volunteer opportunities
- Builds a support network between individuals and community members
- Maintains case notes, facilitates and participates in quarterly meetings and any other necessary meetings
- Meets with participants in a residential, community or office setting
- Develops individual day program support plans
- Accurately completes all documentation
- Provides reports on individual progress in relation to overall goals
- Maintains inventory and ensures adequate supplies for program
- Oversees consumer funds as needed
- Frequent lifting, stretching and physical exertion
- Employee utilizes own vehicle and is exposed to changing weather conditions
- May transport participants in own vehicle
- May assist with transfers and ambulation
- May be exposed to various medical conditions and communicable diseases
- Work will take place in a community setting and in homes
- Flexibility required as determined by supervisor
- Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Resumes-KOP@comop.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer