Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Revenue Cycle Manager
We are adding an experience Revenue Cycle Manager to our Yield Management team. This role is responsible for the strategic oversight and delivery of recovery and revenue operations for one or more clients across several audit capacities. Oversee the revenue cycle activities for assigned account to maximize valid claim identification and overpayment recoveries, meet contractual commitments, and deliver customer satisfaction consistent with established operating practices and compliance procedures. This will be accomplished through effective operations management, quality and service assurance, and effective people management and development.
- Operations Management. Oversees revenue cycle operation. Responsible to develop, plan and executive strategies to yield recoveries through strong inventory (A/R) process controls to facilitate claim offsets. Additionally, leads execution of cash application, revenue identification, and invoice delivery. Develops consistent metrics to measure performance and identify opportunities. Works closely with Audit peers, clients and specialist to understand and mitigate challenges. Works directly with client contacts to facilitate action and accountability where necessary. Coordinates with partners inside and outside of organization to deliver results.
- Work Flow Processes. Enhances and standardizes work-flow processes throughout the revenue cycle to drive growth and assist in achieving consistency and ensures effectiveness in maximizing the utilization of efforts and resources. Compiles and prepares various status reports for management in order to analyze trends and make recommendations for efficiency improvements. Develops and maintains relationships with clients to better understand their processes and policies in order to better serve their needs.
- Quality Assurance. Ensures that the expected level of quality set by the department is consistently met or exceeded through proactive measures. Verifies completeness and accuracy of the work of direct reports. Identifies opportunities to improve quality and appropriately scopes effort and implements. This includes quality expectations set internally by department, SLA and policies set by our clients and financial controls applicable with the activity of Revenue Cycle such as recovery application, revenue identification and invoicing.
- People Management. Provides day to day leadership to Revenue Cycle Sr. and Specialist across multiple sites through coaching, evaluation, development and accountability. Set clear and objective goals, conducts performance reviews and ensures effective people leadership of team. Builds and maintains positive internal working relationships with all department employees by communicating in a professional manner. Be a visual and verbal support to team by remaining accessible and maximizing time on the floor on a daily basis communicating unavailability to staff in advance.
- Compliance. Ensures compliance all HIPAA regulations regarding the safe-guarding of Protected Health Information (PHI) and communicate to all associates involved in the audit engagement.
- Bachelor's Degree in HIM, Finance, or equivalent experience required.
Prior leadership experience, managing direct reports, multiple sites preferred.
Prior Healthcare experience required.
Prior experience with direct client contact (account management, audit, sales, etc.) required.
3 to 5 years prior work experience in accounting or business office; preferably healthcare experience with financial systems.
Knowledge of basic accounting practices.
Excellent organizational ability required to handle multiple priorities.
Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to mentor staff and enhance performance.
Requires working knowledge of and applicable industry based standards.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work well in an individual and team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite required; advanced Excel experience strongly preferred.