Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- Third Party Management
The Third Party Management Business Development Manager is responsible for growing the client relations for third party management prospects. Some of the related responsibilities include engaging with potential clients from first contact through to a signed management agreement. Qualifying prospects and assisting throughout the sales process is a main focus in this role, as well as understanding site evaluations related to CubeSmart’s Management growth strategy. This individual will be expected to participate in presentations (in person, phone, skype, etc.) with prospects and remain their main point of contact throughout the sales process. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for tracking all assigned client communications to maximize prospect conversion rates. This position requires sales experience, strong written and verbal communication skills, and excels in organization.
CubeSmart (NYSE: CUBE) is a publicly-held, self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust focused on the ownership, operation, acquisition and development of self-storage facilities in the United States. The company’s mission is to simplify the organizational and logistical challenges created by the many life events and business needs of its customers through innovative solutions, unparalleled service, and genuine care.
CubeSmart is intentional about culture. You can experience it everywhere from the mission statement of “genuine care” to the “It’s what’s inside that counts” tagline to calling each other “teammates” rather than employees. This spirit fosters a fun and collaborative environment that is filled with over 2,800 teammates across over 1,000 self-storage facilities in 37 states, including the District of Columbia, providing unparalleled service to our 480,000 customers.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Respond timely to incoming calls. Minimal cold-calling involved
- Build strong, proactive, customer service based/focused relationships with assigned prospects
- Participate in presentations to potential owners (in person, phone, skype)
- Quickly and professionally respond to prospect’ needs, requests and situations
- Facilitate and manage leads from first contact through to an executed agreement
- Track client communications to measure results and evaluate trends
- Communicate clear and accurate information and serve as an interface with internal departments to address prospect questions and concerns
- Understand site evaluation and overall growth strategy
- Align policies, guidelines, and administration with offerings
- Understand financials and business practices related to self-storage, not a requirement
- Assist with budgeting, analyzing and tracking industry events and identify trends and opportunities for enhancements
Occasional travel by personal car, train and/or airplane.
- A bachelor's degree or the equivalent in work experience
- Sales and customer service experience
- Experience in Large (1000+) company preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as data entry and spreadsheet software capabilities
Essential Behaviors, Skills, and Attitudes Required for Success in this Position
- Effective interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented; organized; ability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy
- Must have a strong customer service mentality and responsiveness
- Must have strong problem-solving, multitasking, and follow-through skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Developed understanding of accounting function and ability to read financial statements
- Commitment to role model CubeSmart’s VALUES – Visualize success, Accept responsibility, Lead by example, Understand the Customer, Eliminate barriers to yes, Serve with passion and demonstrate those positively and proactively to Customers, teammates, management and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions.