Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead CNC Machinist
at Curtiss-Wright Controls
The Opportunity | Lead CNC Machinist
Work includes complex assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. Works from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions. May communicate directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Checks and inspects machining operations against specified tolerances. May identify and repair minor machine malfunctions.
- Manufacture and inspect detailed parts and tools from blueprints, sketches, drawings and verbal instructions using a variety of machining tools and equipment ( mills, lathes, drill presses, grinders, jig bores and other machining equipment) and using mathematical and geometrical calculations.
- Assist and instruct others in proper set-up procedures.
- Perform minor repairs of equipment. Assist maintenance personnel when required.
- Keep work area clean and free from safety hazards. Maintain acceptable quality and efficiency level.
- Write and prove out CNC programs when required. Troubleshoot and diagnose processes to eliminate variability.
- 5+ years of experience in a CNC Machinist role requiring programming and set ups.
- Experience working with CNC Mills or Manual Machines an asset.
- Must be familiar with and understand GD&T.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be available to work OT as required in the evenings and/or Saturdays.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright
At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And...that's just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.