Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
We are seeking an STS Firewall Engineer. The primary objective of this position is to provide operational support to the STS Firewall Management Service which provides 24x7x365 firewall support to the Deloitte member firms. The position works closely with other Deloitte groups and vendors to provide exceptional customer support.
The STS Firewall Engineer role requires advanced skills that enable the individual to deliver a high level of service and to meet the expectation from the business of a highly available agile infrastructure. Strong leadership and communication skills, combined with a knowledge of core, specialized and technical competencies is required, along with a very solid understanding of an enterprise IT infrastructure operational environment, adhering to industry best practice.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide operational support for firewalls on multiple platforms across the Deloitte global infrastructure.
- Escalation point for complex technical issues.
- Rotational weekend on-call to address critical issues. Ability to work weekends when necessary for scheduled tasks.
- Responsible for bringing problems to a resolution within a timely manner.
- Lead operational projects to completion working with other Deloitte teams and vendors.
- Drive the resolution of all priority issues including participation in technical assistance conference calls.
- Support customers with process and technical questions related to STS Firewall Operations.
- Build relationships with customers, other Deloitte teams, and vendors to provide exceptional service.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to drive efficiency and automate processes within STS Firewall Operations.
- Proficient knowledge on compliance and regulatory requirements to assist with security audits and assist in remediate of any security related issues.
Additional responsibilities regardless of team include:
- Ensure firewall services and systems are always available and reliable.
- Respond to and manage service issues and problems.
- Responsible for awareness and compliance to policy and guidelines of the ISMS.
- Report, pursue, communicate, and when needed escalate any breaches in information security or policies.
- Able to coordinate and work with on-site engineers during outage or critical situations.
- Adhere to established incident management SLA and SLOs.
- Able to document troubleshooting/process related documents for the team.
- Participation in global working groups responsible for the deployment and development of global technology systems and infrastructure.
- Provide input into peer performance reviews.
- Mentoring of staff on technical processes and procedures.
Knowledge Sharing / Documentation
- Contribute to, produce and maintain processes, procedures, operational and architectural documentation, that meet CTO Standards.
- Change Control - Ensure compliance with processes and adherence to standards and documentation.
- Lead in training new staff in technical processes and procedures.
- Work with CTO leadership and application teams in reviewing new documentation.
* The responsibilities listed here represent a core set of duties for this position. Responsibilities may be added or modified based upon business needs. Other duties may be assigned by managers of this role at their discretion.
- Bachelor's Degree/College Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Years of Experience: 7 to 10 years
Number of years of experience is provided as a guideline for hiring managers and represents the amount of experience typically needed to be successful in this role. Candidates with more or less years of experience may be considered based upon education, unique skills or other factors to be determined at time of hire.
- Expert level knowledge of Check Point firewalls including additional blades.
- Knowledge of Palo Alto and Cisco firewalls.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN and network protocols.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools and commands to ensure quick resolution to issues.
- Advanced level skill in firewall policy management.
- Ability to manage support cases with external technology vendors.
- Knowledge of server technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of virtual technologies is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to easily analyze and communicate complex ideas to all levels of management.
- Sensitivity and cultural awareness is essential as the role will involve contact with a variety of people around the globe.
- Discipline and experience in recognizing and handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Professional Qualifications are preferred, including:
- Check Point Certified
- Palo Alto Certified
- Cisco Certified
- CISSP Certified
- Check Point Certified
- ITIL Foundation Certified