Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research Data Associate
at Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Full Time
FAIMER is seeking a Research Data Associate in the Philadelphia, PA office. This position's responsibilities include linking and maintaining internal and external data resources, and performing statistical analyses. Provides technical and database support for FAIMER personnel. Strong knowledge of and experience with databases (SQL etc.). Performs statistical analyses, creates and maintains data resources, reviews literature, drafts reports, presents findings, publishes articles in academic journals.
- Excellent personal computer skills, including knowledge of data viewing, retrieval and manipulation software.
- Understanding of relational database systems and structured query language (SQL).
- Ability to map and join complex data structures.
- Familiarity with online data resources, including HTML.
- Technical expertise regarding data models and data mining.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized and able to work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Capable of interpreting statistical output.
- Ability to communicate research results orally and in writing to a wide variety of audiences.
- Performs queries and joins on existing data structures
- Prepares data for analysis
- Ensures data integrity by developing, updating and maintaining quality assurance procedures
- Prepares documentation of data structures
- Reviews and recommends structures and functions for new data resources
- Critically evaluates medical education, assessment and evaluation literature for articles relevant to FAIMER activities
- Conducts literature reviews, synthesizes relevant information, generates annotated bibliographies
- Designs, coordinates and analyzes research studies, including national and international surveys
- Presents studies and related materials at professional conferences as appropriate
- Collaborates with professional staff in preparation of manuscripts for peer review, presentation and publication
- Minimum of 5 years working in a credentialing, college/university, or education/research organization.
- Understanding data structures essential.
- Knowledge of research methods, including survey design and univariate and multivariate analyses a plus.
- Design of studies, management of research projects.
- Master's degree in a relevant domain.