Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Business Development Manager (1808)
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The Job: Senior Business Development Manager
The primary objective of this role is to generate sales for ENGIE Retail business entity products to Commercial and Industrial (C&I) customers consistent with the Job Dimensions identified below, while abiding by ENGIE's policies, processes and governance.
PA, NJ or MD
- Prospect and acquire new C&I customers within the respective region by networking, cold calling, using social media, and/or other means to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Establish strong direct and indirect relationships to acquire and retain a book of business to meet and/or exceed goals.
- Develop sales plans and strategies to increase regional third party business and coordinate these efforts with other regional owners to maximize the business throughout the territories we serve.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Assess customer needs and propose offerings to meet and/or exceed these needs.
- Break down supply proposals to ensure an “apples to apples” comparison by having a thorough understanding of the regional market, its competitors, energy components and product offerings.
- Coordinate and manage various internal processes and resources to close transactions (Legal, Credit, Supply, Business Controls and Operations).
- Collaborate with members of the Key Account team on transactions involving key customers to improve odds of success.
- Support marketing activity by staffing key industry events in the region.
- Gather, record and provide timely market feedback on deal competitiveness, our competitors, markets and third-party activity.
- Complete all training commensurate with the position.
- Acts as a team member with all employees of ENGIE staff.
- Comply with all ENGIE policies and procedures.
- Carries out other duties as assigned
Essential Physical Abilities
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Self-driven individual capable of quickly learning new products, processes and systems.
- Ability to interact with executive level decision makers.
- Ability to travel via airplane, car, etc as required.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use a personal computer, calculator and other tools to reach sales targets.
- Could involve some lifting up to 20lbs
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience, preference within the retail energy industry.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.