Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
REGISTERED NURSE - CASUAL - EXCELA SQUARE NORWIN
at Excela Health
The RN assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the care for a designated group of patients. The RN coordinates, directs and actively participates as an effective member of the interdisciplinary health care team, contributing to the efficient operation of the unit and promoting positive patient outcomes.
Actively promotes a Lean work culture by performing team member duties to encourage consistent use of LEAN principles and processes, including continually seeking work process improvements. Recognizes the necessity of taking ownership of one’s own motivation, morale, performance and professional development. Strives for behavior consistent with being committed to Excela’s missions, vision and values.
Core Essential Functions:
- Regular, consistent, on-site, and timely attendance.
- PROFESSIONAL ROLE
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops; reviews professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following system/hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs using Nurse Knowledge Exchange techniques.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- CLINICAL ROLE
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients, and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient/family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- LEADERSHIP ROLE
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team continuous quality improvement and problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Specialty Essential Functions:
- Provides complete patient care by identifying age specific needs during the assessment, monitoring and education of patient’s pre/intra/post radiology procedure.
- Maintains current BLS Certification. Basic Life Support approved curriculum of the American Heart Association (CPR & AED).
- Starts IV angiocaths for MRI and CT patients as needed
- Provides the patient/family with information related to the procedure (pre-, intra-, post-).
- Initiates the discharge process following physician approval/order for discharge. Reviews the Discharge Instructions with the patient and family member/significant other and distributes appropriate educational materials. Discharges the patient with a responsible adult or to the appropriate destination.
- Performs indirect patient care duties essential to maintaining the safe operation of the Imaging Department.
- Adheres to personal radiation protection and safety measures as evidenced by wearing appropriate protective equipment and radiation film badge.
- Checks the AED daily when the unit is open and completes the appropriate checklist.
- Maintains the Emergency Drug Box checking for outdates.
- Maintains the iSTAT device (when applicable) completes appropriate documentation.
- Attends monthly department meetings or reviews minutes.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Required Skills and Knowledge: Minimum level of education, skills and abilities necessary in performing the job.
III. Marginal Functions: Defined as duties that are not essential in nature and do not take a considerable amount of time to complete (less than 10%).
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
- Effective January 1, 2015 required BSN with hire or obtain within four (4) years from date of hire.
Certification / Licensure / Regulation:
- Current licensure to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) approved curriculum of the American Heart Association (CPR and AED) program
- PA Act 153 Clearances (Act 34-PA Criminal Record Check from the PA State Police system, Act 33-PA Child Abuse History obtained through the Department of Public Welfare, Act 73-FBI Fingerprint screening
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership ability, independent thinking and decision-making ability; analytical problem solving skills, sound judgment; excellent oral and written communication skills, must be able to function in a team environment.
- A Nursing refresher course may be required if employee hasn’t worked in an acute care setting for his / her most recent three consecutive years of professional employment.
These are job related enhancements that are preferred or would benefit the performance outcome of the job but are not essential or required for the job to exist.
- One year RN experience in an OR, Medical Surgical Unit, or Surgicenter CNOR
- Previous experience working in Radiology Department as an R.N.
The above job descriptive information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, as an employee may be assigned other duties other than described in this document.