General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Science and Engineering
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Part Time
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
- Performs various tests and documents results.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance as required.
- Identifies and documents clients’ functional requirements.
- Gathers and correlates engineering data.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Masters Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
Contract does not require MS degree.
Skills and Abilities
- 5-10 years of related engineering experience.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- 3D modeling and analysis experience, experience in SolidWorks preferred.
- 2D drawing development along with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing experience.
Additional Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Documentation development experience (models, drawings, manuals)
- Active Secret Clearance highly preferred
Must be able to obtain/maintain Secret clearance.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.