General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Science and Engineering
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
Machinery Controls Systems Engineer:
Seeking candidates to fill the position of Controls Engineer in support of the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Philadelphia Division (NSWCPD) Code 515 Machinery Control Systems (CG, LHA, LHD & On-Board Training Systems) Branch in Philadelphia, PA.
- Conduct VPX system benchtop prototyping development, requiring programming, integrating testing, and analyzing candidate VPX boards and associated LINUX-based and Windows 10 operating systems for Machinery Control System replacement system.
- Support NSWCCD Code 515 in distance and onsite troubleshooting and repair of LHD 8 Class Machinery Control System (MCS) hardware and software problems identified by ships force personnel.
- Operationally test, troubleshoot and repair the LHD 8 and LHA 6 Class Machinery Control System (MCS).
- Troubleshoot and repair both Versa Module Eurocard (VME) Bus and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) equipped systems and components.
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
5-8 years of related engineering experience.
- Shipboard or industrial experience with machinery control system installation, operational testing, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Experience troubleshooting software-based machinery control systems.
- VPX-based system and hardware development experience (min 3 yrs).
- Versa Module Eurocard (VME) Bus experience.
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) experience.
- Experience with MCS machinery plant signal interfaces.
- Experience in developing schematics, wiring diagrams, installation drawings and procedures, and troubleshooting/maintenance procedures
- Experience in reviewing schematics to isolate shipboard issues and redlining drawings if discrepancy were found.
- Experience with Ethernet network, Profibus, RS-485/422/232, Modbus and fiber optic standards and protocols.
- Experience installing, operating, and maintaining software-based U.S. Navy shipboard machinery control systems.
- Programming languages – Ada, C++, and Java
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and above
Must be able to obtain/maintain Secret clearance.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.