Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Experienced Sediment Remediation Engineer
at Geosyntec Consultants
Looking for a place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! We’re looking for an Experienced Sediment Remediation Engineer with at least 7 years of experience in sediment investigation and remediation to complement our expanding sediments practice in the New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania area. Sediment management skills would be applied towards practice leadership, business development efforts, and execution of projects related to sediment investigation and remedial design. Consider joining Geosyntec’s vibrant sediments practice in the NY/NJ/PA region.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Geosyntec is seeking a hard-working individual knowledgeable about sediment investigation and remediation who can help expand Geosyntec’s sediment practice by leading the execution of projects and supporting business development efforts. Some of the responsibilities for the position are expected to be:
- Sediments practice leadership in the area including strategic planning;
- Business development and marketing for new opportunities and projects;
- Sediment dredging design and implementation, including development of dredge prisms and dredge surfaces, dredge material management, T&D, and permitting;
- Sediment capping design and implementation for treatment and armoring;
- Project/task management and proposal preparation support;
- Preparation and oversight of engineering reports, design calculations, drawings, technical specifications, and permit applications; and
- Development of field sampling programs to assess the nature and extent of sediment contamination and/or to evaluate remedy performance.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture, as you kick start your career. Here are some other things you should know about a typical sediment remediation engineer position with Geosyntec:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
- Fieldwork: Up to 50% depending on level of experience
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
- BS degree in an engineering discipline relevant to contaminated sediment management and remediation (e.g., environmental, civil, geotechnical). (required)
- Advanced degree in an engineering discipline relevant to contaminated sediment management and remediation (e.g., environmental, civil, geotechnical). (preferred)
- At least 7 years of related, demonstrable experience in the implementation of sediment management and remediation projects. (required)
- Demonstrated strong interest in sediment management and remediation. (required)
- Strong oral and technical writing skills. (required)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (required)
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration in Pennsylvania, New Jersey or New York or the ability to obtain P.E. registration within 2 years. (preferred)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: EXPER02309