Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Project Manager
at GHD Group
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Our presence in the Northeastern U.S. is growing and we are looking for exceptional candidates to grow with us in this region. We are currently looking for a senior-level Environmental Project Manager to work in our Exton, Pennsylvania office.
With a strong technical background in environmental assessment, remediation and compliance our senior-level Project Managers are tasked with supporting and leading GHD's environmental sector presence in Pennsylvania and surrounding states (CT, NY, DE and NJ).
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Project management of various environmental assessment, remediation, and compliance projects including maintenance of project scope, schedule, budget and quality through the coordination of project teams and via direct client communication
- Support existing GHD clients with the implementation of cost-effective and innovative solutions to address their environmental liabilities and compliance concerns
- Participate in and lead project teams in the planning, design, and execution of various environmental compliance, assessment and remedial programs
- Ensure projects are delivered to clients on time and on budget, in order to ensure client satisfaction, and future repeat business for client
- Identify and support business development, client expansion and proposal development activities for GHD's environmental practice including:
- Winning new projects with new and existing clients
- Coordinating meetings and leading presentations to prospective clients
- Supporting GHD's Business Development Team and Client Relationship Management program
- Preparing technical proposals
- Maintain membership and participation in Pennsylvania and/or national environmental industry groups and associations
- Supervise, mentor, and lead a small group of entry-level and junior environmental professionals, commensurate with success in developing new projects and clients
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or a related field of study
- Professional licensure (PE, PG) preferred
- Minimum of 12 years of progressive environmental project experience including the coordination and management of projects consisting of site investigation, remediation and monitoring and general environmental compliance
- Experience and demonstrated success working with large, private sector clients in Pennsylvania and surrounding states
- Experience in client relationship development/management and business development with strong client relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective client presentations and written report preparation
- Ability to present technical information, both written and orally, in a concise and professional manner; must have strong technical writing skills
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel as needed
GHD is a large, well established organization with a culture that promotes safety, teamwork, integrity and respect. As a valued member of the business, you will have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and to develop your career through the GHD Business School.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link below.
*GHD does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.