Globus Medical Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Floor Inspector
at Globus Medical Inc.
The primary function will be to perform manufacturing inspections on first and final pieces to ensure parts are being manufactured to specification and will accurately complete all documentation and maintain Device History Records. In addition, the Manufacturing Floor Inspector will also assist in trouble shooting manufacturing issues as well as provide technical support to the machine operators.
The primary responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Perform inspection, production assemblies and sub-assemblies for conformance to specifications. •
- Follows verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, production traveler, work instruction, process specifications, and sketches at the direction of supervisor in completing a variety of inspection tasks.
- Verify inspection equipment, machinery and tools used are calibrated per company policy.
- Notify the operator when a non-conformance is found.
- Bring problems/issues to attention of Manufacturing Area Supervisor or Lead.
- Work efficiently to achieve targeted goals as set by the production schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned, to maintain efficiency throughout the company.
- Learn Good Manufacturing Practices and inspection techniques.
- Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years inspection experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings for medical devices
- Automated inspection system experience is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in the use of the Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong clerical and math skills
- Ability to use Standard measuring Equipment i.e. Micrometers, Calipers, Height Gages, optical comparator, ring, plug and thread, go no/go gages, dial indicator, surface plate, gage blocks and torque wrench.
- Familiarity with GMP and SOP’s to ISO standards a plus • Team player, open to new ideas and team work, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value
- Reliable, self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Good communication skills.
Branch Medical Group, a subsidiary of Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D/V