Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Physical Therapist - Outpatient - GSPP - OP - NBR PT
at Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network
GSPP - OP - NBR PT
Full Time (40 hrs/wk)
Day / Evening
PT - Physical Therapist
2-4 years required
Candidate must have experience in working with an adult and pediatric population.
Able to treat age range 3 months-21 years
Experience treating diagnoses of cerebral palsy, developmental delay, low tone type diagnoses and torticollis
Availability during after school hours Sept-June approx. 2:30-6:30.
- Performs patient care at minimum of Senior II Therapist level. See appropriate Senior II job description for patient care duties.
- The frequency of patient care hours to be determined by Site Manager and may fluctuate per operational demands of unit.
- Supports the Site Manager in the administrative and operational oversight of the therapy unit/s.
- Works under the direction of and in absence of the Site Manager.
· Human Resource responsibilities include: employee orientation, maintenance of unit orientation manual, mentoring, staff satisfaction, and performance management of employees up to coaching level.
· Operational responsibilities include: staffing, scheduling, coordination of day to day activities, unit safety/regulatory compliance, employee mandatory education/health compliance, marketing and input to policy and procedures.
· Oversees and coordinates therapy interventions delivered throughout the unit as directed by Site Manager.
· Fiscal responsibilities include: materials management/purchasing of supplies within designated budget guidelines, billing audits.
· Assures unit compliance with external regulatory body standards.
· Assists with the implementation of performance improvement initiatives for unit.
- Supervise, train and assess therapy students during onsite clinical affiliations.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Able to prepare and deliver lectures to therapy students at area academic programs on topics in area of clinical expertise.
- Able to initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
Minimum Education Requirements: BS or MS from an accredited Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy or Speech Language Pathology program with planned enrollment in an advanced degree program (e.g., advanced masters, clinical doctorate degree, MBA, MHA...etc.).
Minimum Experience Requirements: Minimum of four years of clinical experience required. Must be a competent generalist and demonstrate advanced clinical skills in one or more areas. Attendance at Manager Training Courses: LIST, DEFUSE, Giving/Receiving Constructive Feedback, Crucial Conversations, etc. strongly recommended.
License/Certifications: Must hold a valid license to practice as a Physical Therapist in the appropriate state(s) (e.g. Pennsylvania and/or New Jersey).
***Important Note: Good Shepherd is a drug and tobacco free work environment. As a result, candidates selected for employment may be subject to a drug screen test, which includes nicotine***
GOOD SHEPHERD'S UNIVERSAL FLU PROGRAM
As a health-care provider, we have a professional and ethical obligation to protect our patients and residents from developing further complications.
To protect our patients and residents, Good Shepherd is now requiring influenza (flu) vaccinations for all Associates, licensed independent practitioners, contracted, agency and temporary employees, students and volunteers.
Good Shepherd is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.