Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
The Production Planner/Scheduler is responsible for planning and scheduling the plant functions for production scheduling and Inventory availability to ensure the efficient and on-time deliveries for customer orders. Organizes and executes scheduling and planning processes for various product lines and equipment.
- Coordinates the scheduling of all machines, processes and production activities within the plants. Responsible for customer on-time shipment performance.
- Recommends and assists the Material Production Control Manager for long-range capacity requirements planning, defining capital equipment and manpower needs.
- Ensures adequate plant inventory levels for work-in-process and finished goods, optimizes inventory investments in relationship to plant efficiencies and scrap rates.
- Coordinates information flow to the operating departments via production schedules.
- Updates daily schedule to balance efficiencies and customer needs.
- Maintains raw material inventories to maximize inventory turns and remain operational. Monitors slow moving material.
- Maintains work in process inventories to maximize inventory turns and productivity.
- Ensures scheduling maintains shipping commitments for effective service to all customers and advise sales of any unplanned delays. Coordinates with shipping department to meet customer needs.
- Directly involved in responsibilities / actions related to Prerequisites and Food Safety Programs.
- Consistently supports GPI’s Mission, Vision and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships and Teamwork).
- Consistently supports and is involved in GPI efforts for LEAN, 5S, Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement programs and processes.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experienced in SAP systems and Inventory Management software
- Knowledgeable on workflow processes
- Experience working with vendors and transportation organizations
- 3-5 years ‘experience in quality, manufacturing, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Business Administration or management focused
- Ability to work in team focused environment
- Work well in fast moving environment with frequent deadlines
- Good general knowledge of printing and converting technologies preferred.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.