Greene Tweed & Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Greene Tweed & Co.
At Greene, Tweed, you'll find the cutting-edge technology, world-class polymer expertise and endless advancement opportunities you'd expect from a multi-national industry leader. You'll find them all in an environment that embraces diversity in people and opinions, moves decision making to the point of impact, and celebrates your success.
If you enjoy continuous learning and are excited about working with and creating technological solutions, explore career opportunities with Greene, Tweed.
We are currently searching for an Industrial Engineer to support our Kulpsville, PA manufacturing facility.
This role supports the value streams throughout the plant to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost metrics through engineering solutions in the harvest operations. Specifically, this engineer will identify and develop engineering solutions, implement those solutions, validate success and document those activities to improve and sustain the metrics. Tasks and projects may include coordination with Process Engineering to ensure that Design for Manufacturing attributes have been applied for all products that flow through the plant. Projects include short to long term in length and may span several value streams.
- Respond to requests in the value streams for assistance in improving metrics to support plant and company goals and objectives.
- Improve productivity in the value streams by improving the work through receipt of MTD projects, problem solving and or automation.
- Is able to gather and provide data to analyze engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Recommends and implements new policies and procedures as directed; initiates cost reduction proposals from other sources, compiles appropriate information, makes recommendations for action, and checks on results obtained.
- Recommend, request funds for, purchase, and implement capital equipment to improve productivity and reduce lead times and cycle times of new, incremental or harvest products.
- Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects.
- Operates within the regulatory compliance of AS9100 and other safety and environmental regulations.
- Learn and apply Lean and Six Sigma techniques including Lean Practitioner certification and Green Belt certification. If this candidate is not yet a LSS Green Belt, this position will incorporate that training and opportunity for certification.
- Support new product lines and/or incremental products in the value streams. Cross functional team participation will be required for projects requiring an engineer representing the value streams.
- Conduct Time Studies and Method Studies to ensure efficient operations in the plant are able to be sustained and recommend improvement. This may also include work on improving the ergonomics of the operations.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma Certification, Green Belt preferred.
- BS in related Engineering discipline including Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical or Materials.
Skills and Experience
- Strong teaming, collaboration and communications skills
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Experience in creating Value Stream Maps and Production Flow Diagrams
- Ability to conduct time studies and method studies for manufacturing and Assembly processes
- Implemented Lean Manufacturing Concepts
- Create and Implement Production Metrics for manufacturing performance tracking
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis for Manufacturing Issues
- Support all Manufacturing and support functions as necessary.
- BS degree, Engineering discipline
- Preference given to candidates with Lean/Six Sigma certifications
Note: This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the Supervisor. All requirements are subject to change and updates.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401K savings plan, paid time-off, tuition assistance and more, to meet the diverse needs of all employees and their family members.
Greene, Tweed, a Federal Contractor, is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
NOTE: Greene, Tweed is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities, unless they have a written agreement for the position they are contacting us about. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at GT without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Greene, Tweed, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Greene, Tweed as a result of the referral or through other means.