Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Geomatics Practice Area Leader
at Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, inc.
Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc. (HRG) is an employee-owned, nationally ranked design firm providing civil engineering, surveying and environmental services to the private and public sectors.
We are actively seeking an exceptional and influential leader who will continue to build and develop our Geomatics Service Group through project leadership, strategy creation, quality control design, and promoting relationship building.
As a client-focused top technical leader of our company-wide Geomatics Service Group, the Geomatics Practice Area Leader is responsible for vision and strategy, staff development, project delivery and client management, quality management, and business development. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving as primary technical resource
- Participates in the development of the corporate Strategic Business Plan
- Develops and implements new services and service enhancements to better position HRG to take advantage of market opportunities
- Establishes core technical skills competency program
- Develops technical training programs and administers training to staff
- Acts as Project Manager, maintains relationships with existing clients, and develops relationships with new clients
- Develops and revises the Service Group’s Quality Management Plan to modify and continuously improve the Service Group processes
- Leads quality assurance actions necessary to provide adequate confidence that the Service Group performs satisfactorily with respect to sound professional technical standards and standards of care
- Supports quality improvement to eliminate the root causes for quality problems.
- Provides input to the Director of Marketing in the development, execution and updating of the SG marketing plan
- Identifies prospective client contacts and coordinates contact
- Actively participates in community, political and professional organizations and functions
- B.S. in Surveying or a related degree
- Active Pennsylvania PLS License
- Minimum 10 years’ project experience related to Geomatics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory or management position
- Proven experience with project presentation and meeting facilitation
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate proficiency with Deltek Vision or other ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems
- Excellent marketing, client relations, interpersonal, communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to travel to job sites, meetings, and other HRG offices as necessary; including overnight travel
- Has the legal right to work in the U.S.
Life at HRG
- HRG offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including professional development opportunities and the support you need to define your own career path.
- As an employee-owned company, we all share in the current and future financial success of the company through the company-funded employee stock ownership plan (ESOP).
- Work/Life Balance. We recognize both are essential to uphold the morale of each employee-owner therefore, we offer flexible scheduling including half-day Fridays.
- HRG’s work is consistently recognized and awarded at both a regional and national level.