Holy Redeemer Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coord., Office (HRPAS) - PS Holland Medical Associates
at Holy Redeemer Health System
PS Holland Medical Associates
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous experience required
This position assumes responsibility for the daily operations of the Practice. Performs and coordinates clerical and clinical support duties. Supervises clerical, and support staff, if any. Maintains adequate supplies and equipment. Ensures physician has adequate day to day practice support. Performs all duties of office staff including reception, billing and clinical support. Position assumes advanced office tasks including computerized scheduling templates, pre-certing procedures or hospitalization, and scheduling surgery. Demonstrates ability to cover for medical assistant by assisting physician with patients in direct patient care and preparation for examinations. Functions typically in a medical office with one or two physicians and single office site with few office personnel. Exhibits independent decision making abilities. Assumes overall responsibility for billing and AR follow-up within the office.
• High school graduate or equivalent with completion of Medical Assistant training preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of physician practice reimbursement methodologies and medical terminology.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding.
• Knowledge of insurance plans preferred.
• Able to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Minimum of 4 years physician office experience required.
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience preferred.