Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ideal Industries
- # of Openings
- Regular Full-Time
J. Walter Becker founded IDEAL in 1916 and made a promise that is still an important part of the way IDEAL operates today: "An IDEAL product will provide a value greater than the price paid for it. Service is a part of the product." Becker's foundational principle represents our everyday commitment to you. It's the driving force behind our partnerships with the world's leading distributors, a state of the art delivery system, outstanding customer and technical support and variety of operational benefits designed to save you time and money. It means we're proud of the way we do business.
IDEAL brings you products that make your job easier; products that you can rely on, with warranties you can trust; products that are available whenever and wherever you need them. Every IDEAL product comes with the promise made by our founder more than 90 years ago.
A&L Handles, a division of Pratt-Read Tools, and a subsidiary of IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC., have a vacancy for an Extrusion Operator on 3rd shift.
PURPOSE: Operates extruders to meet production levels set by management and to maintain quality control over the product at all times.
- Follow all safety procedures
- Monitor material supply to machines
- Set-up, changeover, and operate primary and secondary manufacturing machines within a work cell including set-up of control panel as necessary for quality extrusion
- Conduct daily and operator preventative maintenance on work equipment (grease and oil machinery)
- Re-assemble dies
- Monitor work visually and dimensionally referring to blueprints, engineering specifications, engineering input and job instruction sheets. Maintain quality and rate charts as required
- Monitor and control quality of production pieces through adjustment of machines (saws, pullers, water tanks, rollers) or tooling
- Maintains housekeeping in the work area and with the machines
- Other related duties as directed by management.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Must have proven ability to safely operate various manufacturing production machines
- Must be able to follow verbal and written multi-step directions for semi-complex machine operations
- Understand set-up needs, fixturing and quick changeover
- Able to acquire an OSHA approved powered industrial truck license
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Visual acuity and depth perception is required
- Possess drive to continuously troubleshoot and improve a process
- Possess strong mechanical trouble-shooting skills
- Possess basic math skills
- Able to use calipers accurately
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 12 months of manufacturing machine operator experience is required, 24 months is preferred.
- Experience with hand tools, including wrenches and pliers
- Lean manufacturing experience, including SMED, is preferred.
- Must be able to continuously lift, push and pull up to 5 lbs, for 9-10 hours per day and, on occasion, lift up to 60 lbs. This capability will either be determined from a physical exam, or verifiable past performance.
- Continuous standing during a shift (9-10 hours) with frequent reaching, pulling and bending.
- May be required to pass a physical exam for wearing a respirator, which is a requirement for certain jobs.
- Hot/cold temperatures based on seasonal variations
- May be subject to humidity, noise, odors, dust