International Flavors and Fragrances
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Process Engineer - Manufacturing Flavors/Food
at International Flavors and Fragrances
Great taste takes more than great ingredients. That’s why we go above and beyond. Every day. We are looking for our Process Engineer to become part of our growing and industry-leading team in Philadelphia, PA.
Tastepoint is the newest name in taste, backed by more than a century of experience. We are fueled by passion and enhanced by the technology and insights of IFF. Our purpose is to be the spark that advances our customers. We’re an agile, energetic product development partner with a fresh perspective. Tastepoint captures the essence of our customers’ ideas, and the imagination of their consumers. Together, we'll create a fresh take on taste. We solve customer challenges and craft consumer delight.
As the Process Engineer, you will perform a variety of technical support work in a specialty chemical reaction and distillation operation. The incumbent will be responsible to recommend and implement new processes, improve performance of production process and provide engineering support to the manufacturing facility. This will include process design and modification of new and existing chemical manufacturing processes, gathering and analyzing data, troubleshooting problems and identifying root cause.
How you will spend your time.....
- Leading continuous improvement of the processes by:
- applying structured projects such as Six Sigma
- developing and implementing new and improvement processes
- facilitating development and sharing of best practices
- driving performance culture for continuous improvement
- improving cost efficiency of production processes run on site
- Providing engineering and technical resource in areas of unit operation required for day to day operations, process scale up and process chemistry
- Performing energy and material balances.
- Make recommendations to improve process yields and quality
- Providing operations and troubleshooting expertise in a specialty chemical and distillation driven manufacturing process.
- Develop project scope for improvement projects and implement small capital projects.
- Work with equipment vendors and suppliers to recommend equipment improvements.
- Prepare flow diagrams, P&ID's and equipment and instrumentation specifications.
- Participate in HAZOP and PHA assessments of new and modified manufacturing processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years process engineering experience in specialty chemical, pharmaceutical or petrochemical industry
- Proven experience designing, modeling, operating and troubleshooting both batch and continuous distillation systems
- Problem solving skills to define problems in practical terms, analyze critically, deliver innovative solutions and follow through to resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, being able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Interpersonal skills to build positive relationships, gain commitment and respect of others at all levels and negotiate effectively toward win / win solutions
- Ability to define and implement cost savings and improvement initiatives.
- Ability to gather, analyze, interpret and act upon unit operations data.
- Experience in Optimization efficiency, product quality and process yields