Iron Mountain Incorporated.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Iron Mountain Incorporated.
- Requisition #
- Work From Home (Virtual)
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM), founded in 1951 and ranked as a Forbes 2018 America’s Best Employers, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts. Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, data centers, cloud services and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working. Visit www.ironmountain.com for more information.
Destruction Technicians serve customers by accurately processing and destroying all materials delivered to the production facility. They sort material and operate forklifts and other machinery. These critical team members maintain the facility, empty trash, bale corrugated material and assist the production supervisor with other necessary duties. They perform each and every task with the utmost regard for safety and security. The DTs collaborate with team members to enable success for all.
- Empty collected material from containers; cut open bags, dump payloads, empty roll-arounds
- Sort material by grade; separate and discard rubbish
- Collaborate with team members
- Perform emergency equipment repairs
- Clean facility and containers
- Maintain strict security of material and trucks
- Ensure safe machine operations
- Perform all physical tasks without assistance
- Mentor others as opportunities arise
- It’s a 12-hour shift with about five hours spent on forklift or performing “Bobcat” operations. The DT spends about seven hours standing while operating machinery or moving/lifting boxes and pulling/tipping two- and four-wheeled bins weighing 25 to 525 pounds (average bin weight is 170 pounds). The DT works in an atmosphere that is not climate controlled.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current experience shredding or recycling operations/warehousing environment
- Ability to lift heavy bags, push rolling carts and pull two- and four-wheeled containers
- Bobcat experience is preferred
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to safely operate machinery
- Ability to work well in a team environment
It is the responsibility of every Iron Mountain employee:
- to comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and company policies
- to exhibit ethical behavior in accordance with our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- to complete required training within the allotted time frame
Every Iron Mountain employee has an obligation to promptly report issues and violations.
Iron Mountain is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status or other legally protected classifications in making employment decisions.
Iron Mountain complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.