Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Estimates labor and material costs of production and engineering in response to Request for Proposal data.
- Analyzes specifications including sketches, blueprints, bills of material or sample layouts, and calculates costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data
- Collects cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors
- Computes cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor
- Prepares and maintains historical cost data
- Creates cost models for estimating elements
- Prepares cost reports and presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors
- Contributes to development of new techniques and standards
- 7 - 10 years of experience is required
- BS or BS degree
- Knowledge of Excel is required
- Work is performed under general direction
- Interacts with internal/external personnel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, decision making capabilities, problem resolution skills, and a sense of initiative.
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical industry
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.