Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Buyer / Planner
at JBT Corporation
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 2 months ago(5/28/2019 7:58 AM)
- Sourcing, Procurement
Join a world class organization with an entrepreneurial work environment and innovative spirit!
JBT Corporation’s Automated Systems business is a leading global supplier of automated, self-guided vehicle systems to the automotive, food & beverage, hospital and consumer product manufacturing industries. With offices in the United States and Europe, we are one of the world’s leading producers of automated vehicle systems.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Buyer / Planner to join our team in the Greater Philadelphia area. This individual supports manufacturing operations by sourcing materials, evaluating supplier quotes, and negotiating costs.
- Sources products from suppliers that primarily produce wiring harnesses, electrical panel assemblies, metal components both machine and fabricated, as well as distributor-based off-the-shelf components.
- Primary point person for daily communication between supplier and JBT.
- Evaluates and processes incoming quotes and samples.
- Determines ability of vendors to supply or manufacture materials.
- Investigates, identifies, and implements alternative sourcing options for products and services.
- Develops, assesses, selects and manages high quality vendors.
- Negotiates solutions for delivery dates, quality, quantity and/or cost.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Logistics or related field; or equivalent work related experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working with suppliers and/or customers.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in sourcing, contract negotiation and/or supply chain.
- Strong working knowledge of sourcing multiple products or materials
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings
- Understanding of the Bill of Material process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Syteline, a plus.
- Travel required, up to 10%.
What we offer:
- Opportunity for growth in a booming industry (material handling automation)
- Transparent leadership team – business goals and objectives regularly communicated through monthly meetings
- Casual work environment
- Company culture of continuous improvement
- Competitive salary and benefits – medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability
- Benefits begin your first day of employment
- Generous education reimbursement benefits
- Robust retirement benefits with company match
- Vacation, sick, and holiday paid time-off
Candidates should be eligible to work in the US with no sponsorship requirements needed now or in the future.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org.
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.