Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Systems Administrator
- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1381 S Pennsylvania Ave
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Field Services Engineer (System Administrator)
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles (trust us, it’s more exciting than it sounds). We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about driving cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 17 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 135 retail locations and 20 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Field Services Engineer (System Administrator) you’ll work in the IT Field Support Group that is responsible for supporting the IT hardware and software used by 135+ retail facilities located throughout the U.S. You’ll do everything from fixing a failed WiFi device to working with a team member and several vendors to install all of the technology in a new facility. You will be required to work from our facility in Morrisville, PA and (frequently) drive or fly to remote locations. This position requires a significant amount of travel on a regular basis (averages 50% or more during busy periods)
In long, the Field Services Engineer is responsible for:
- Work with other team members located throughout the U.S. to build new retail facilities (dealerships, vehicle inspection centers, service centers, etc.)
- Work with our Corporate Help Desk to help troubleshoot problems related to the voice & data networks, servers, applications and hardware devices that support your retail facilities.
- Monitor and work on tickets that you’re assigned, follow-up with your customers, and try to resolve issues within our Service Level Agreement (SLA). You will be expected to manage Help Desk ticket escalations during normal and after business hours. This includes providing customer and vendor support especially during localized or system wide outages. In emergency situations you may be required to travel to the location experiencing an outage with little-to-no notice.
- Perform extensive research on products and services for projects that you’re assigned.
- Provide project updates and weekly status reports to your manager.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Operate automatously and independently. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well, and will be the independent IT resource for your area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Works well in a time crunch. There will be multiple time sensitive requirements and you’ll need the ability to meet deliverable due dates.
- Fantastic problem solver. Your job is not only to find the problem, but more importantly, find the solution.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You’ll need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation and continuous improvement.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field, or equivalent professional experience working with related technologies
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a Systems Administrator role in a corporate Windows environment
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with basic router and switch troubleshooting in a corporate environment
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Wellness Program. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Just a few of the additional benefits:
- Work with latest tools and technologies
- Technical training and continued education opportunities
- Company supplied vehicle (*)
- Company supplied cell phone (*)
- Company supplied credit card for travel expenses (*)
*Must adhere to company guidelines and restrictions