Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kinder Morgan.
Responsible for the safe, efficient and quality conscious operation of assisting in the movement of locomotives and train cars by throwing switches, setting brakes, coupling and uncoupling cars, observing for hazards, flagging and signaling, while maintaining proper communication and complying with all training provided to enable employee to perform operations required in accordance with Kinder Morgan work instructions and government regulations (EPA, FRA and OSHA),Assure the work being performed consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of the superintendent, as well as published policies and procedures.
- roperly operate locomotive on KM and Shared Assets tracks; weighing railcars, shifting and sorting inbound and outbound freight cars.
- Complete pre-use inspection of assigned equipment or tools, reporting deficiencies to Supervisor.
- Perform individual switching, flagging, coupling, uncoupling, brake setting
- Maintain constant watch over assigned area and equipment, checking continually for operating hazards, malfunctioning or defective equipment, track and track obstructions.
- Plan the movement of rail cars, execute proper movement following directions communicated by Switchman or alternate ground crew member
- Judge throttle position and brake application to ensure controlled travel speed , stopping and coupling distances; based on radio or
- ust be able to read and understand all Standard Operating Procedures
- Must be able to complete all required check lists
- Must be able to communicate clearly with co-workers
- Must be able to stay focused and maintain constant awareness of surroundings
- Must be able to understand and comply with all requirements for any emergency
- Must be ble to understand and comply with oral and written instructions, in English
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours / days / weekends/ holidays as needed
- Will be subject to working rotating schedules as assigned
- Must be available for non-scheduled shifts as needed
- Will be subject to working in varying and extreme weather conditions
- Must be willing to join Local Unioin
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be continually aware of motorists, pedestrians and mobile equipment and crane operations in the work area and provide point protection in the direction of the train movement, locomotive lead.
- Must identify the various types of rail cars, give consideraton to whether or not they are loaded or empty to estimate stopping
- May be re-assigned to general duty tasks in all areas of opeation at the terminal. Extensive training will be provided to comply with operating trucks, lift trucks, loaders, vessel and warehouse ops, as well as safety and environemt courses .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As the largest energy infrastructure company in North America, Kinder Morgan owns an interest in or operates approximately 80,000 miles of pipelines and 180 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2) and more. Our assets are core to North American energy infrastructure and help deliver needed energy products to high-demand markets.
The Kinder Morgan businesses are as follows:
Natural Gas Pipelines
With approximately 70,000 miles of pipelines, we are the largest natural gas transporter and storage operator in the United States. Our pipelines are connected to every important natural gas resource play, including the Eagle Ford, Marcellus, Utica, Uinta, Haynesville, Fayetteville, Barnett, Mississippi Lime and Woodford, that will play a significant role in meeting the nation’s long term natural gas supply. We serve the major consuming markets of the entire United States. Key assets include premier interstate pipelines that stretch from coast to coast and a huge intrastate pipeline system in Texas, the state which is the largest producer and consumer of natural gas in the United States.
We are the leading transporter and marketer of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the United States. We deliver approximately 1.3 billion cubic feet per day of CO2 through about 1,300 miles of pipelines. We also produce more than 50,000 barrels of oil per day. Key assets include CO2 source fields in southwestern Colorado, pipelines that transport CO2 from Colorado to New Mexico and Texas, and oil production fields in the Permian Basin of West Texas.
We transport about more than 2 Million barrels daily of gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, natural gas liquids and biofuels through more than 8,000 miles of pipelines. Key assets include refined petroleum pipelines and terminal storage and blending systems that serve California, Florida and other states in the western and southeastern United States. We also transport crude and condensate from the Eagle Ford shale to the Houston Ship Channel. Specific to renewable fuels, our Products and Terminals business segments combined handle about 30 percent of all of the ethanol used in the United States.
We operate approximately 180 terminals that have a combined liquids storage capacity of more than 110 million barrels for refined petroleum products, crude oil, chemicals and biofuels. We also handle over 105 million tons per year of dry bulk materials such as coal, petroleum coke and steel. Key assets include large liquids terminals on the Houston Ship Channel and in New York Harbor, Los Angeles Harbor and Edmonton, Alberta, as well as strategically located coal terminals in the Southeast and along the Gulf Coast.
Kinder Morgan Canada
Our Trans Mountain pipeline system originates in Edmonton, Alberta, and is the only oil sands pipeline that transports crude oil and refined petroleum to Vancouver, British Columbia, and Washington State. We have proposed and are pursuing a major expansion of Trans Mountain.
As a market leader in each of our businesses, we are always looking for skilled professionals to join our team. When you join Kinder Morgan, you join a different kind of Energy Company. We tie financial incentives for our employees directly to the performance of the company and their own personal performances. At Kinder Morgan, you will find a dynamic and safe work environment that promotes career growth and recognizes achievements.
Join the Kinder Morgan Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.