Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kinder Morgan.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To facilitate the safe and efficient handling of customer products, including accurately gauging tanks, rail car and tank trucks
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Alignment and set-up of tanks, pumps and pipelines for the transfer of products to and from ships, barge, railcar and tank trucks
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain all related equipment
- Complete all operational documentation accurately, neatly and efficiently
- Must follow established regulatory, company, industry and customer specific SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE / SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE: 1 - 3 years previous related industrial experience and a stable work history
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license and be insurable by the company insurance carrier
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Mechanical skills preferred
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail
- Must have a strong work ethic and dependability
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks with minimum direction
- Must be able to climb up and down stairs and ladders
- Must be able to use hand tools
- Work rotating shifts in an outdoor environment
- Will be required to work at elevated heights
- Must be able to maintain regular and dependable attendance
- Will be subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen upon offer and be subject to the Company's Drug and Alcohol program
- Will be required to wear PPE (steel toed shoes / boots, goggles and respirators)
- Will be required to work in extreme weather conditions outdoors
- Must be able to negotiate uneven surfaces
As the largest energy infrastructure company in North America, Kinder Morgan owns an interest in or operates approximately 80,000 miles of pipelines and 180 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2) and more. Our assets are core to North American energy infrastructure and help deliver needed energy products to high-demand markets.
The Kinder Morgan businesses are as follows:
Natural Gas Pipelines
With approximately 70,000 miles of pipelines, we are the largest natural gas transporter and storage operator in the United States. Our pipelines are connected to every important natural gas resource play, including the Eagle Ford, Marcellus, Utica, Uinta, Haynesville, Fayetteville, Barnett, Mississippi Lime and Woodford, that will play a significant role in meeting the nation’s long term natural gas supply. We serve the major consuming markets of the entire United States. Key assets include premier interstate pipelines that stretch from coast to coast and a huge intrastate pipeline system in Texas, the state which is the largest producer and consumer of natural gas in the United States.
We are the leading transporter and marketer of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the United States. We deliver approximately 1.3 billion cubic feet per day of CO2 through about 1,300 miles of pipelines. We also produce more than 50,000 barrels of oil per day. Key assets include CO2 source fields in southwestern Colorado, pipelines that transport CO2 from Colorado to New Mexico and Texas, and oil production fields in the Permian Basin of West Texas.
We transport about more than 2 Million barrels daily of gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, natural gas liquids and biofuels through more than 8,000 miles of pipelines. Key assets include refined petroleum pipelines and terminal storage and blending systems that serve California, Florida and other states in the western and southeastern United States. We also transport crude and condensate from the Eagle Ford shale to the Houston Ship Channel. Specific to renewable fuels, our Products and Terminals business segments combined handle about 30 percent of all of the ethanol used in the United States.
We operate approximately 180 terminals that have a combined liquids storage capacity of more than 110 million barrels for refined petroleum products, crude oil, chemicals and biofuels. We also handle over 105 million tons per year of dry bulk materials such as coal, petroleum coke and steel. Key assets include large liquids terminals on the Houston Ship Channel and in New York Harbor, Los Angeles Harbor and Edmonton, Alberta, as well as strategically located coal terminals in the Southeast and along the Gulf Coast.
Kinder Morgan Canada
Our Trans Mountain pipeline system originates in Edmonton, Alberta, and is the only oil sands pipeline that transports crude oil and refined petroleum to Vancouver, British Columbia, and Washington State. We have proposed and are pursuing a major expansion of Trans Mountain.
As a market leader in each of our businesses, we are always looking for skilled professionals to join our team. When you join Kinder Morgan, you join a different kind of Energy Company. We tie financial incentives for our employees directly to the performance of the company and their own personal performances. At Kinder Morgan, you will find a dynamic and safe work environment that promotes career growth and recognizes achievements.
Join the Kinder Morgan Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.