Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kreischer Miller
- Information Technology
Looking to continue improving your professional skills? Want an opportunity to make an impact and enjoy a positive work culture? Kreischer Miller is committed to your personal and professional growth!
Why choose Kreischer Miller? Voted a 2019 "Top Workplace" by Philly.com and a "Best of the Best Accounting Firm" by Inside Public Accounting Magazine, we will help you utilize your technical knowledge and continue to improve your professional skills. Your performance will be evaluated based on the quality of your work, the application of your technical knowledge, and the ability to provide excellent service. We offer a flexible and supportive culture to ensure that you can make a difference and enjoy a strong work/life balance.
Kreischer Miller continues to prosper and grow! With approximately 200 team members located in Horsham, PA, we are currently seeking to add a System Administrator to be a part of our internal IT team.
This position is responsible for network administration, design, implementation, organization, and supporting the firm’s computer systems. It also provides support for desktop issues; configures and deploys new hardware and software; and provides employee technical assistance and training.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Support LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems.
- Manage network servers and the applications installed on the servers.
- Monitor underlying communication protocols and supporting network hardware.
- Research, evaluate, analyze, and make recommendations to provide efficient network performance.
- Design, specify, and document LAN configurations according to firm needs.
- Maintain network servers, VPN, firewall, wireless access points and switches
- Manage employee accounts and profiles.
- Prepare charts and diagrams to explain network operation.
- Analyze network traffic to ensure smooth operations.
- Develop and monitor appropriate security procedures to safeguard systems from physical and electronic harm, unauthorized users, and damage to data.
- Setup computers and employees on the network and provide appropriate access.
- Format print queues, network and desktop printers, and menu options and changes.
- Install software updates.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and maintain hardware in good working order.
- Maintain backup structure of priority computer systems.
- Resolve hardware and software related computer, printer and telephone issues.
- Write and maintain network documentation.
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment. This includes Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office and accounting and tax programs used at Kreischer Miller.
- Installation & maintenance of telecommunications hardware & software.
- Other duties as assigned.
BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field with equivalent experience
- 7 years of hands-on experience as a Network or Systems Administrator in a Microsoft environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and software applications.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and IPX Protocols.
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Adequate familiarity with the equipment and software used at Kreischer Miller. This includes Microsoft Exchange and SQL, VMware, Active Directory, Microsoft SharePoint and multipurpose printers.
- Ability to think and plan strategically.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical support over the phone and in person; good customer service skills, professional demeanor.
- Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
- High level of initiative and dedication.
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.