Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital Marketing Manager
We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in twenty three years. We now rank among the top 40 agencies worldwide with 29 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m and rising. Our success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets and services; making strategic acquisitions. Our people, agency and campaigns have not gone unnoticed. We have won many prestigious awards in the last 18 months including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development. We can do this because we are independent and 100% employee-owned.
As we enter the next phase of growth, our challenge is not to lose any of our character and values. We will communicate a clear and visible brand in the marketplace. We will continue to promote our entrepreneurialism, agility, creativity, credibility and professionalism. We will ensure that we inspire and help our clients to shape tomorrow. It’s an exciting future, and we believe we are at the start of something truly remarkable in our industry.
What we look for in our people
Agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. These are our values and what we look for in every person at LEWIS. As we evolve, grow and expand, we want people that recognise the need to think differently. To understand the full marketing communications mix, even if a specialist in a particular aspect. We want all our people, whether a paid media specialist or media strategist, graphic designer or analytics manager to have an appreciation of the wide and deep capabilities available to clients that work with LEWIS. We want our people to be agile to opportunities; bold in their approach; collaborate with colleagues across different services or offices to deliver amazing work; keep learning and challenging the norm; be spirited and committed to develop themselves, their colleagues and the agency.
Purpose of the role
The Digital Marketing Manager manages the client relationship and ensures the client is kept fully up to date with critical activity on the account. In addition, they take an active role in developing that relationship by identifying and selling additional services. This person may also manage junior team members, ensuring individuals have the right skills, and that the team works together effectively.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Maintains a consultative relationship with the client, acting as the key contact for all marketing and communications services
- Responsible for maintaining excellent client communication; defining deadlines and service agreements whilst ensuring these are met consistently by the team
- Supports clients in all aspects of nurturing and growing their activity and acting as a community manager across a broad range of accounts
- Works closely with the client to regularly review account performance, identifying and communicating opportunities for additional PR, marketing and digital services; including paid activity and creative
- Works with the client and wider digital team to ensure effective budget management
- Plays an integral role in the new business process, taking an instrumental role in generating content and presentation preparation, in addition to attendance at pitches where necessary
- Ensures regular contact with the client is maintained by direct reports and other team members
- Assists with pricing and selling projects
- Maximises opportunities and outreach to external brands, as well as existing and past contacts, to build new business leads
Digital / Social media
- Plans, implements and maintains social media campaigns and projects for digital clients, creating innovative and targeted opportunities
- Partners with account servicing to develop compelling and impactful content and integrated campaigns for both current and prospective clients
- Measures client growth and impact across the full spectrum of social media channels including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram
- Uses social listening tools and analytical services to generate insight, fuel social conversation and maximise SEO activity
- Refines methodologies in social media measurement and reporting of ROI
- Stays up to date on best practices and current trends
Team working and development
- Acts as a respected line manager, working closely with line reports to maximise strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
- Line manages junior account team members, including coaching, supervision and assessment
- Sets individual objectives on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis ?
- Provides guidance to PR colleagues on how to best manage campaigns, including answering general new business requests
Reporting and analysis
- Ensures that all activity and results are reported back to the client, providing insight and analysis across all aspects of the account
- Communicates account performance internally (account reviews) and provides strategic advice to the client based on measurable analytics
- Monitors and reports back on account KPIs and ensures accurate reporting by junior team members
- Provides detailed reports to the senior management team on request
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the LEWIS brand, its work, identity and values
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
- Contributes and supports the continuous improvement of systems, practices and policies
- Overall, is a guardian of best marketing practice
LEWIS’ Valued Behaviours
Sees the bigger picture and make links between your own work and the business
Makes quick and clear decisions and able to "think on your feet"
Encourages open communication and sharing of knowledge, views and opinions
Open to learning, seeking feedback for your development
Enthusiastic and proud of the work that you do and your contribution to LEWIS
Accountable for your work and always strive for excellence
Adjusts to change positively
Appreciates and challenges others, while recognising and rewarding good performance
Takes advantage of training and development opportunities and encourages others to do so
Positive and optimistic
Enthusiastic about implementing new initiatives or ideas
Acts promptly to resolve issues
Gives, and are open to, constructive feedback
Curious, always looking for new information to expand your knowledge
Has an engaging sense of humour and knows how to have fun
Displays courage and uses initiative to make improvements to your work
Aims for simplicity to keep up with the pace
Motivates yourself and others around you
Cares and is committed to the success of LEWIS
Encourages team work and creates a fun and nurturing environment
- Previous client facing digital and social media experience at a Senior Digital Marketing Executive / Manager level
- Understanding of client business issues and requirements
- Understanding of the local market and opportunities for growth
- Strong project management skills with an ability to plan and prioritise
- A persuasive and convincing writing style
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Ability to interact confidently with clients at a senior level
- Ability to troubleshoot team and client problem areas – and suggest a remedial course of action
- Creative thinking and an open minded approach
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.