Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Male Fit Model
at Lilly Pulitzer
King of Prussia, PA - Home Office
The Fit Model is used by Technical Design to check the fit, drape and visual appearance of Fashion Design’s intent. The Fit Model is selected to work primarily on criteria matching the desired measurement specifications of Lilly Pulitzer. These specifications consist of:
- Height: 5’9” (+/- ¾”)
- Neck 16 ½” (+/- ¼”)
- Chest 40 1/2” (+/-1/2”)
- Waist 33” (+/- 1/2”)
- Low Hip 39” (+/-1/2”)
- Inseam 32” (+/-1/2”)
*Other measurements that are considered but less critical are: arm and leg lengths, arm and leg circumferences and shoulder width.
The Male Fit Model has an integral role in the product development process; commenting on garments and materials with regards to the appropriate fit, movement and feel of the product. Ultimately, a fit model aids in confirming that the sizing, design and cut of the garment to be produced meets Lilly Pulitzer’s Designer specifications and intentions to delight its customers and contribute to the overall growth of the company. The Male Fit Model has responsibility to collaborate effectively with other cross-functional partners. These include primarily Technical Design, Fashion Design, Product Development, Production, and Quality Assurance. As part of the overall duties, there are four major areas of responsibility:
Understand the Lilly Pulitzer customer, lifestyle, positioning in the marketplace and product strategy; Work closely with Technical Design and Fashion Design to understand the desired styling and fit intent of each silhouette Operate within agenda time frame Collaborate effectively with colleagues, fit with The Company Creed, Core Values and Core Leadership Qualities.
The four major areas are discussed below.
Understand the Lilly Pulitzer Customer, Lifestyle, Positioning in the Marketplace and Product Strategy.
- Lilly Pulitzer® is a lifestyle, branded marketing company in the apparel, accessories and footwear business serving the needs of the affluent customer at ease. The company’s brand positioning is Lilly’s Resort Chic. Key competitive advantages for Lilly Pulitzer® are prints, authentic resort, optimism and multi-generational.
- Know and appreciate the Lilly Pulitzer customer. The customer is multi-generational. This affects fit and technical design.
- The product strategy is to create innovative designs that delight our customer, have high retail sell through and contribute to the profitable growth of the company.
Work Closely with Technical Design and Fashion Design to Understand the Desired Styling and Fit Intent of Each Silhouette.
- Work closely with Technical Design and Fashion Design to understand the desired styling and fit intent of each silhouette
- Advise on difficulties pertaining to the garment’s accessibility, comfort and mobility.
Operate within Agenda.
- Meet all assigned dates and times in the Fitting Schedules and Business Meetings promptly.
Collaborate Effectively with Colleagues, fit with The Company Creed, Core Values and Core Leadership Qualities.
- The Male Fit Model has responsibility to collaborate effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Fit with The Company Creed, the Core Values and the Core Leadership Qualities.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM SUCCESSFULLY:
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Maintaining body specifications within the allowed tolerance
- Comfortable modeling in front of large groups
- Professionalism, good communication skills and a willingness to help
- The sense of urgency necessary in the apparel industry is required
- Ability to model Swim
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Modeling or Fit Modeling experience preferred, including Print & Commercial
- This position is classified as part-time hourly; it is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime. This position is eligible for standard company fringe benefits.
- This position could require domestic or international traveling.
- Given the seasonality of the business, this position may require flexible, additional working hours during peak periods.
- Lilly Pulitzer ® is liable for the product and the fit of the garment, therefore the nature of this position will encounter certain industry specific terminology.
- This position is reviewed annually.
Lilly Pulitzer® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lilly Pulitzer® designs and distributes apparel and accessories for women and children. It all started 50ish years ago with a simple shift dress in Palm Beach, Florida. Today, Lilly Pulitzer® provides a collection of modern resort wear inspired by the authentic Palm Beach lifestyle. Lilly Pulitzer® can be found online and in 30 company-operated retail stores, over 70 Signature Stores and major department stores nationwide